Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

misubisu

Electrics all done.
I utilised the right side toolbox for the electrics:
  • Battery box with deep cycle battery
  • 1,500 watt inverter to run the coffee machine
  • Smart charger to charge the battery off the generator or external 240 volt supply
  • External plug to supply the 240 volts
  • External anderson plug to plug the solar panel in to
  • A line in from the fridge
  • A line out to for the coffee machine
  • USB plugs to charge all my devices
  • iPod with bluetooth speaker for music

ebrabaek

Adventurer
I hope someone sees that vid and orders one thinking theirs will arrive like that. :ROFLMAO:

Ha ha ha...... right. Didn't think of that. :)
In reality this was the vision I had when I bought it a few years ago. As it sits here I think I am about just under 10k into it as she sits.

Best swiss army trailer ever.

Catalanbull

Second time out with the Scout! I replaced the sink with a collapsible one, put a collapsible bucket below it to catch the dirty water. I hanged it using 2 heavy duty shower curtain rings. Really easy to set up and pack up.

I also used mmrocek's idea of a piece of wood bolted to the rings next to the fenders as counter. I'll replace the wood for a custom Panelite panel.

I found these magnetic containers at the container store very useful for hanging stuff and then they pack up very nicely. They're called "Perch Magnetic Container", pretty cheap and they attach strong. When I cook I can move them wherever I want very easily. The pic below is how I have them after packing up.

I put a third one in the inside of the kitchen space for disposable dishes.

Also those modular stackable drawers in the pic came in handy. Also from the container store.

I'm thinking about a battery and where to mount it, has anyone researched a dropout battery box? Like this one:

I think I could mount the battery under the trailer somewhere in between of the tires. I'm thinking of a 55ah battery so it wouldn't hang too much (this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K89BXY...olid=2S2L3N4CGSCBX&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it)

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Second time out with the Scout! I replaced the sink with a collapsible one, put a collapsible bucket below it to catch the dirty water. I hanged it using 2 heavy duty shower curtain rings. Really easy to set up and pack up.

View attachment 521218

I also used mmrocek's idea of a piece of wood bolted to the rings next to the fenders as counter. I'll replace the wood for a custom Panelite panel.

View attachment 521219

View attachment 521220

I found these magnetic containers at the container store very useful for hanging stuff and then they pack up very nicely. They're called "Perch Magnetic Container", pretty cheap and they attach strong. When I cook I can move them wherever I want very easily. The pic below is how I have them after packing up.

View attachment 521221

I put a third one in the inside of the kitchen space for disposable dishes.
View attachment 521222

Also those modular stackable drawers in the pic came in handy. Also from the container store.

I'm thinking about a battery and where to mount it, has anyone researched a dropout battery box? Like this one:

I think I could mount the battery under the trailer somewhere in between of the tires. I'm thinking of a 55ah battery so it wouldn't hang too much (this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K89BXY...olid=2S2L3N4CGSCBX&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it)

I like how those Astage drawers fit in the compartment. Sadly there is no Container store close by me. Do you have a model number for them ? Thanks

Catalanbull

I like how those Astage drawers fit in the compartment. Sadly there is no Container store close by me. Do you have a model number for them ? Thanks
These are the ones. I see online they have many more sizes than in the store. I think I got 2 squares and 1 wide - looking at it the medium is the same as the wide but taller, it'd probably fill the extra dead space on top.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Has anyone explored mounting the spare tire underneath the trailer? The Tuff Stuff trailer , which looks very similar , has the spare mounted underneath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles