Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

thardin68

> predator 3,500
Really as quiet as they say, like Honda / Yamaha?

Great power output for the price, wow
From the research and recommendations i would say very close to the same sound levels. I have seen some video comparisons using some quality db meters in a fairly controlled environment and it was quieter than a Honda 2K. I paid $699 with a coupon and then added the 3 year warranty for $100. I figure there are Harbor Freight stores all over the place, so easy to find a replacement while on the road if I have an issue. I didn't fire it up before heading to Panama.

The Generator is mainly for the AC. I am going with a Renology 170 AN Lithium battery and planning my solar system around that. I'm trying to figure a system that works well with the benefits of the Lithium battery. I'm hoping the genny will be used rarely, but need to be able to work extended hours.

jojackc

Looking good. I’ve been waiting on the Smittybilt XL RTT Annex since June 4, 2018. Still no reliable shipping date...

Just a warning the XL RTT Annex has a lot of slack still in it even with the tent as high as it will go. Going to try parking the trailer on those work ramps for changing oil on your car next time we go out and see if it raises it high enough then.

thardin68

Not much movement on here lately. Everybody out camping?

Anybody willing to take a few measurements for me? Easy stuff. I'm wanting to plan a few things while in Panama for my return in the spring.

Any help would be appreciated.

jojackc

Anybody willing to take a few measurements for me? Easy stuff. I'm wanting to plan a few things while in Panama for my return in the spring.

I can take some what ya need measured?

Anvoy

Not really, don’t have any time for building and also waiting on the reinforcement parts. I did received the new drawer, don’t have time to put it on. Sad!

Kraxler

Installed a stove on the new drawer today. Have two extra new drawers sitting in my garage. Still waiting for return labels from Smittybilt. Also waiting fir the reinforcement parts to arrive. Same for the RT XL anex. That could be next week or next month.

Wynn

Wanderer
That's wonderful news! Also a couple weeks ago we took the trailer out on another camping trip, and tested out the new Scout trailer stove drawer we bought. We really like it. The new drawer comes with no drawer back, and the drawer side can be mounted either on the left or right side. We also modified the handle/latch (from our original drawer) to make more room for our stove by removing the latching mechanism and shortening the rod holding it, see pics.View attachment 470448

Love those pullout storage drawers! What specifically are those and how are they working out for you? My concern would be movement of the stored items during transit. Especially considering the type of roads we generally travel.

OregonJKU

Love those pullout storage drawers! What specifically are those and how are they working out for you? My concern would be movement of the stored items during transit. Especially considering the type of roads we generally travel.
I'm not sure what you are asking, i.e., "What specifically are those..." We love the pullout drawer. As I mentioned, we put our stove in the drawer. The stove is held in place with four powerful magnets, one on the bottom of each leg. The stove doesn't move around.

Silverback07

Adventurer
I like the idea of magnets in the legs. Right now mine is held in place during transit with a strap that tightens around it and the drawer. Works fine but I like the magnet idea better.

Wynn

Wanderer
I'm not sure what you are asking, i.e., "What specifically are those..." We love the pullout drawer. As I mentioned, we put our stove in the drawer. The stove is held in place with four powerful magnets, one on the bottom of each leg. The stove doesn't move around.

Attached picture of the drawers in question. Where did you get those? They seem to be a perfect fit for that spot.

Attachments

• drawers.jpg
    drawers.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 171
Trailer cover....
Hey all! winter is almost upon us and i need to store my trailer with RTT attached outside. Need to order a cover for the snow and cold.
Anyone have suggestions?

Tkhawk

Adventurer
That's wonderful news! Also a couple weeks ago we took the trailer out on another camping trip, and tested out the new Scout trailer stove drawer we bought. We really like it. The new drawer comes with no drawer back, and the drawer side can be mounted either on the left or right side. We also modified the handle/latch (from our original drawer) to make more room for our stove by removing the latching mechanism and shortening the rod holding it, see pics.View attachment 470448

How did you connect the quick connect to the stove? I ordered the same/similar stove and then ordered a flare x NPT to connect to the QC, but the only female flare fittings I can find are inverted. Also did you make that wire rack on the stove or purchase it. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles