Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

ebrabaek

Adventurer
I can't see it. It says the content has expired.

So I did a bit of digging, and as it turns out, even after the album is public, FB requires you to have a FB account to see my public FB website.
Silly.
When the build is all set and done there will be about 125 pictures and I dont think it would be good to clutter up this thread.
I will post a few updates with pictures as I move it along.
Sorry.

McDowra

Observer
So I did a bit of digging, and as it turns out, even after the album is public, FB requires you to have a FB account to see my public FB website.
Silly.
When the build is all set and done there will be about 125 pictures and I dont think it would be good to clutter up this thread.
Sorry.

I have a facebook account and still can't see it.

john61ct

Adventurer
Silly.
Sorry.
How about throw, up a new thread just for that? they're free.

Crosslink between.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
How about throw, up a new thread just for that? they're free.

Crosslink between.

I would not be opposed to that, except for a few reasons. I created the FB public page for all to enjoy as it is educational, and shares so may projects I have done in the last 20 years. It takes quite the picture taking, uploading and typing to explain. I did this over on another site ( ADVRider.com) and used photobucket as picture server. Well..... Photobucket got greedy, and began charging for third part hosting, and as I did not want to pay for a free service, the pictures were unusable, and several years of composite tutorials became useless overnight. I realize that this awesome forum does allow me to host 3 pictures pr post, but that would take up quite a lot of space and typing.
Then the other fact that I would have to double the work, which is hard enough, at one site, would take more time that I have. I try to answer all the questions I get on my FB page, and I am afraid that takes most of my time.

john61ct

Adventurer
I created the FB public page for all to enjoy
You mean "all willing to submit to FB".

Yes Photobucket burned millions.

I am confident Imgur will not.

I suggest creating a plaintext formatted build post that works both here and on FB, then just copy and paste to both.

Might need to Search & Replace the site part of the photo-linking code.

Obviously keep an original archive version for when all these websites are gone.

Best is to curate your own of course, not dependent on any specific hosting provider.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
You mean "all willing to submit to FB".

Yes Photobucket burned millions.

I am confident Imgur will not.

I suggest creating a plaintext formatted build post that works both here and on FB, then just copy and paste to both.

Might need to Search & Replace the site part of the photo-linking code.

Obviously keep an original archive version for when all these websites are gone.

Best is to curate your own of course, not dependent on any specific hosting provider.

I agree. Shame on FB.....bastards... really, but it is free. I guess I'm guilty.
I cant tell you how many times I wanted to pull the plug on FB. I don't like what they do, except for the fact that they are free... :).
I guess I'm cheep. I don't really mind moving all my stuff, and there is quite a lot, as it is all focused on educating people in the composite world, but I just want to make sure it is a safe place so not to get burned again.
I will reach out to THWK, to see how mush he wants shared.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
I've tried both your links on two different computer. No go. What title did you use?

Not sure what you mean by title.
It is really odd as the FB page is public.
Lemme ask you this.
If you go to FB and in the search bar types:
High desert carbon works.... does that yield any results.?
This is really bizarre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94