Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

ebrabaek

Adventurer
As I had things apart, I thought it would be good to give the whole triangle a coat of permeatex undercoating.
I used this inside the fender wells with good results.
20180910_122246.jpg

20180910_122254.jpg

ebrabaek

Adventurer
While in there I decided to add the permatex under coating on the plate underneath the tongue box as a bit of rust were forming.
20180911_113725.jpg

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Another opotunity was to add a urethane coating to a few areas.
I used Hercules liner from Lows @$25 for a pint.
The front side of the boxes and fender which get bombarded with rocks... and the tongue rack.
20180913_114746.jpg
20180913_114759.jpg
20180913_114805.jpg

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Trailer looks brand new still. Water heater setup is so sick.

Thanks. :)
What is somewhat of a surprise, is that the hot water is loved by all of our friends when we camp. I installed it as a shower device, but we have yet to use it as such. But the fact that you have instant hot water to clean dishes….. Priceless. No longer do you have to wait to heat water for cleaning. Did not have an idea that would happen, but we love that little thing. :) :)

Kraxler

Sent an email to smittybilt 2 days ago about the bracing kit for the cracking welds. Got a reply yesterday asking for the serial number of the trailer. Sent it to them today and asked about the new stove drawer. They are sending me one for free. And the bracing kit will ship as soon as it's available. Happy with the fast service and response.

OregonJKU

Then I wanted to share the new design on the stove drawer.
It might give some a bit of flexibility to mount a bigger variety of stoves. One side panel can be installed on either side.
Or just leave it off like I did.
View attachment 472407
Hi ebrabaek, we really like the newer model drawer, but we found the latch still impacts the size of stove you can mount. Btw the boxes and fender fronts look fantastic!

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Hi ebrabaek, we really like the newer model drawer, but we found the latch still impacts the size of stove you can mount. Btw the boxes and fender fronts look fantastic!

The little stove I found pictured earlier in the thread will work even better on the new drawer.
You dont have to modify the latch, as it fits depth wise. It will hang over the backside about 1/2 inch. It will close fine though. You will have to modify the legs on the stove.
My plan this time is to make a new set of legs for the stove. This time with a snap in function so it is easy to lift and clean underneath.
The stove is awesome....... specially after you let it have a 5 pound regulator. Or in my case I put in a variable regulator.
In reality the drawer sliders have a locking mechanism so you could perhaps get by, by removing the lock all together.
20180914_135107.jpg

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Sent an email to smittybilt 2 days ago about the bracing kit for the cracking welds. Got a reply yesterday asking for the serial number of the trailer. Sent it to them today and asked about the new stove drawer. They are sending me one for free. And the bracing kit will ship as soon as it's available. Happy with the fast service and response.

Awesome.
:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles