Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

ebrabaek

Adventurer
So what little LED pods are those? They look awesome.. great place to shine some light for cooking duty.

Bingo.
I too great care to use only what light I needed from a energy storage, not blind anyone, and a few other things.
They are 1.5 watts and flod type.
I have used these pods in many projects in the past 10 years and none have ever failed.
Very reasonable priced.
I have them as cooking lights drawing 3 watts.
Interior light in compartments as well.

Hereyago.....

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-light-modules/small-wired-led-accent-light/1141/

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
The slides are rated for 200 lbs each. I have a 10 gallon water ans a 50qt fridge on one slide and the combined weight is under the 200 lbs.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Anyone know the weight limit of the main box? Was thinking about installing my water tank there to lessen tongue weight.

I don't know if there is a posted max weight, but as this thing is built like a panzer, I would have no issues putting a water tank up there. Just do it smartly with some form of weight distribution. This is a very flexy trailer so as long as you don't drive like our Aussie friends in the corners.... :) :) then I don't see any thing wrong with that.
My rack will carry firewood, full size axe among others.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Ordered a roof rack basket.
It will reside on top of the main box.
Gonna be exiting.

I'm curious why ? Seems like a hassle to have to lift things over the sides to get them into the basket. What are you carrying that required a basket?

ebrabaek

Adventurer
I'm curious why ? Seems like a hassle to have to lift things over the sides to get them into the basket. What are you carrying that required a basket?

General stuff like firewood..... extra water.... big axe and perhaps a full size shovel.
I also thought it would be good to just have a basket for whatever else one wants to carry.

jojackc

General stuff like firewood..... extra water.... big axe and perhaps a full size shovel.
I also thought it would be good to just have a basket for whatever else one wants to carry.
Not a bad idea. I would do it too. My only issue is if I take the tent up anymore then I have it, I won't be able to keep it in the garage anymore.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Not a bad idea. I would do it too. My only issue is if I take the tent up anymore then I have it, I won't be able to keep it in the garage anymore.
[/QUOTE

Depending how low the tent is , you can put a lot of stuff on the top deck. Firewood in an Army duffel bag for example.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
[/QUOTE

Depending how low the tent is , you can put a lot of stuff on the top deck. Firewood in an Army duffel bag for example.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
The basket is only about 4 inches tall.
Add 1 for the riser..... so a total of 5 inches.
I guess unless tour tent is that low then you should be ok.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider

I drop the air pressure in my tires to like 5psi to fit in mine lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles