Smittybilt Overland XL RTT-New product.

F40

Adventurer
c7aea20c5e55173072960299e7244aaa.jpg

Had to drill new holes, missing some screws, and metal shavings all over the place. I wasn't expecting stellar quality but overall I'm happy with the tent. I'll get a better idea once I take it out camping.

Looks like the factory drilled the holes for a CVT/Tepui width ladder.

rudee13

xl annex (smittybilt 2888) must be brand spankin' new not showing up on 4wparts or the other usual places. confirmation from sb is encouraging though. couldn't understand why they hadn't released it for xl and had pretty much given up. wrap it up, I'll take it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

rudee13

my local 4wp confirmed and has them in stock in cali warehouse, listed for $299.00.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RichardPT

Richard
I’m glad I have my Tepui annex - integrated floor makes for a huge difference in what you can do with it
It will be interesting to see the new SB product anyway

afbond03

Adventurer
Just in case anyone has been on the fence about this tent, you can get it from 4WP for $879 right now, free ship and taxes paid. Stupid good deal for a tent this large.

Randy_Linex

Just bought one due to the crazy low price right now and great reviews I've read on it. Christmas coming early this year...

vartz04

Adventurer
Tents are on sale today from 4 wheel parts I got the smaller one for 650 shipped.

Thanks. Just got one. I was going to buy the Yakima but I’m only going to use it a dozen times a year or so so this one will work fine I think.

Climber1

Thanks. Just got one. I was going to buy the Yakima but I'm only going to use it a dozen times a year or so so this one will work fine I think.

Same here. I was going to go with a CVT but with this price, it is really hard to beat the Smitty right now. Since this if my first RTT, it will be a good and relatively inexpensive way to dip my toe in the water and see if my wife is going to enjoy this style of camping.

spagthorpe

Observer
Same here. I was getting ready to buy a a different brand this weekend, but this was too good to pass up. $650 shipped. I had been on the fence with a more expensive model, since I'm not 100% sure how much it will get used, or if a RTT is going to work better for our use than a ground tent.

I've read the mattress in these isn't the best, like most RTTs. What has been the best fix? I was thinking a 2" memory foam pad, but will that close up in the tent, or do I need to take it out each time?

tae73

Observer
Sounds like several were purchased, I also purchased one. I was looking at buying a ground cot/tent from cabelas but for the price and free shipping it was very hard to pass up. This will be my first RTT, just got to figure out mounting it to the jeep or or to a small trailer that already have. I already got a email stating that it shipped, but doesnt give a expected delivery date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles