SMB West Coast done as we know it

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
They will be back in July 2021 better than ever...
I honestly think they had the short end of the stick all these years as SMB West was the ones at events, creating the coolest rides and making VanLife cool. Austin and the other were living off the history and efforts of West.
I am proud to have owned 2 SMB West builds and love my current van, I will be reaching out to see what I can do to help and how to keep steering customers their way for down the road.

GR8ADV

Explorer
They will be back in July 2021 better than ever...
I honestly think they had the short end of the stick all these years as SMB West was the ones at events, creating the coolest rides and making VanLife cool. Austin and the other were living off the history and efforts of West.
I am proud to have owned 2 SMB West builds and love my current van, I will be reaching out to see what I can do to help and how to keep steering customers their way for down the road.
+10

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
So who’s the latest word on this? We are interested in a SMB vehicle in the future.

Dances with Wolves

aka jk240sx
from SMB Vans West, Inc ;

"Sportsmobile West, Inc., had manufactured and sold recreational vans under a licensing agreement with Sportsmobile IP, Inc., for the past 30 years. Our license agreement has ended. As such, we will not be permitted to take any new orders to build vans for customers until July 1, 2021."

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Having recently talked to folks all the way at the top of SMBWest recently I can fully say that you can completely trust they will be doing great things for a long time to come.
Like the post above mentions, they can't talk publicly until July 1st.....but you can bet the order book will be open and full.
I am very happy to have had 2 vans built by SMB West and super glad they are still going strong and now independant

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles