Small "Propane tank" wanted....!!

grogie

Like to Camp
I always use those little 1lb green tanks also and it is such a pain. This january while camping at CFW2015, I installed the ARB annex to the roof top tent. It gave me and my son a nice place to change and was able to put our buddy heater in to warm us up. The only problem was that the 1 lb tank only lasts 4hrs. With the 11lb tank we should be golden for winter camping and grilling off our Colman grille

On Amazon I found a hose that connects a typical grill that takes the 1lb. green tanks to my 11# propane tank. I do keep one green tank in my trailer incase I drain the big tank with my Campfire in a Can.

MOSDIF589

Axel Adventures
Thanks to everyone's input I now own a Worthington 11# 2.5 gal tank that I was able to p/u at a local Camping World. The mount I was going to use was to small but I was able to order a mount from Powertank that was made for this propane tank. I'll post up a pic once it is mounted...

Thanks again...

fireball

Explorer
Awesome. If you got the powertank mount like I have you'll want something to secure the locking mechanism on the strap. You could obviously use a lock but that seems a bit extreme. I just used a piece of wire to loop through but there's a more elegant solution out there.

grogie

Like to Camp
Awesome indeed.

I bought a small lock for the Powertank mount, as I have other locks on my trailer anyway (lock not shown below). It can of course be cut off, but keeps someone from just walking up to and walking off with the tank. And keeps the strap secure.

wxx5b.jpg

fireball

Explorer
Mine needs to come off quickly because my stove wasn't always near the back of the truck. So in my case the simple wire twisted through was enough to keep it secure and quick enough to remove a few times a day if needed.

grogie

Like to Camp
^I found a 5 foot long Coleman hose, so usually I don't have to remove the tank for my grill or the Campfire in a Can (the tank is on the front of my trailer in the pic below). Great little tank as I'm always watching the weight of whatever it is, and this tank holds enough propane for my use.

v5klWV.jpg

Also, I was looking at my tank today and I think I'll repaint it (white) as it's gotten nicked up from being on the front of my trailer.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
On Amazon I found a hose that connects a typical grill that takes the 1lb. green tanks to my 11# propane tank. I do keep one green tank in my trailer incase I drain the big tank with my Campfire in a Can.

Do you have a link to your hose!:costumed-smiley-007

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz