Small lightweight camp gear trailers in US?

DaveM

Explorer
My search continues. Have tracked down several affordable options for small lightweight trailers, but all were a bust:

1) Space Trailers: closest match to a general purpose lightweight gear hauler. Affordable price at $2800. But way too wide for my storage area.
2) Venter Savuti: South African company, affordable enclosed "luggage" trailers under 66" wide (sweet old school look). Have seen references to around $3k for the basic model I think. No response, seems to have closed North American operations.
3) Trail Tested trailer: Affordable basic box trailer kit under 66" wide, $3400 (best value I've seen for a basic trailer to build from). Stopped production.
4) Morris Mule: enclosed utility style box trailer, only 61" wide, $3500. Business closed.

Haven't heard back from Manley ORV yet. Everything else on the market is either way overbuilt for my needs or astronomically overpriced for what it is. Really surprised there's not more of a market for minimal compact camping trailers in the sub $4k range.

MNmtb

Did you look at the Sylvan models? I know nothing of them but I think they have several options and modular components. I see them for sale used occasionally.

DaveM

Explorer
Did you look at the Sylvan models? I know nothing of them but I think they have several options and modular components. I see them for sale used occasionally.

I have, not a fan of the tube style, plus not enclosed.

Mfitz

Closing the loop on this thread and linking to new thread about the Kace/Venter trailer I finally found near home: https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/finally-found-a-venter-trailer-in-the-us.218915/
I think Dreadlocks mentioned it earlier, but a single jetski trailer is a great project base. I bought a galvanized Karavan jetski trailer that is light, narrow, sturdy and once you have a flat bed on it you could build any size or shape box you wanted. The axle rusted out on me but I was able to buy a direct replacement with new hubs for not too much money, should be good for another 15 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz