SM465 Fresh Rebuild w/ Short Input Shaft & Bell Housing $800 or Trade for 4L80E

Doctor BeBop

Transmission is sold! I have for sale a professionally rebuilt SM465 4 speed transmission and bell housing. The transmission was rebuilt by a 4x4 offroad shop transmission rebuilder with 40+ years experience in Arizona for his own tow truck. It has not been used. The transmission has been upgraded with a sleeved 4th gear to address that weakness. It has an Offroad Design 32 spline short main output shaft (see SM465 short 32 spline output shaft from Offroad Design - Fullsize 4x4 Parts for details). All bearings, seals, and gaskets are new, not cleaned old ones. The transmission comes with a custom made JEDS adapter to adapt the short output shaft to a NP205 round pattern transfer case and an aluminum bell housing that has been glass bead blasted and powder coated. Prior to powder coating, the bell housing had all casting flash removed and all threads checked.

This setup would be an excellent for a Jeep, Landcruiser or other short wheelbase vehicle due to the short length of the transmission and adapter. It would also be a good setup for using a Ranger or Gear Vendors overdrive in a full size truck. I am asking $800 for the SM465 (comes with bell housing and JEDS adapter) which is $250 less than what I paid. I'd be interested in trading for a 2000 or later 4x4 4L80E of equal value. Transmission is for pickup in Bakersfield CA and cash only. If you would like more information or have any questions, please PM me. Thanks, Eric

Attachments

• DSCN0080.JPG
    DSCN0080.JPG
    280.2 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCN0077.JPG
    DSCN0077.JPG
    281.9 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member