Sly Tuna''s 2013 PRO-4X/6 Spd. Overland build

Sly tuna

Hello there fellow members, this will be my introduction! :smiley_drive:

After 8 long years of longing to get a KC, 4x4, locked, frontier with a 6 spd, I finally broke. I went through a 06' Base model and have a 11' base model as my work truck.

What led me to get this truck was the fact that they no longer offer a 6 spd. on the 14', and frankly, I wont drive an automatic unless its a late model Porsche With PDK. After hours of searching every frontier within a 1000 mile radius, this is the last 13' I found with my desired configuration. That being said, yesterday I flew from Palm Springs to Sacramento to pick up this beauty (on the left, of course).

Unfortunately this will be a long drawn-out build, but the goal of the build is too have a rig that I can travel the country/globe in.

Exact specifications have not been thought up yet, simply because there are so many options, and I tend to do things on a whim.

If interested, Subscribe.

richard310

pew pew
Awesome pick-up... literally and figuratively :)

You should at least have a baseline for mods and what you plan on doing with your vehicle. Can't wait to see what's in store.

Sly tuna

Awesome pick-up... literally and figuratively :)

You should at least have a baseline for mods and what you plan on doing with your vehicle. Can't wait to see what's in store.

Well I lied, i have a general idea. Tint, Nismo wheels, tires, Shrockworks bumpers, sliders and skids. Kings front and rear, maybe a drop bracket kit, upper control arms, camper shell similarly set up to Glamisdude**, light bar, better sound system, kayak rack, etc etc etc. We will see as time goes by...

Dmski

Adventurer
Great looking rig! What a find with the manual. I'm right there with you when it comes to driving a standard.

Mo4130

Adventurer
If you want a vehicle that can traverse the world I would strongly advise against doing costly race oriented suspension and the complexity of a drop bracket kit. Getting a replace king coil over in the middle of east bum will be harder then many think. Drop bracket kits are the ed hardy affliction t-shirts of the automotive world.

richard310

pew pew
Well I lied, i have a general idea. Tint, Nismo wheels, tires, Shrockworks bumpers, sliders and skids. Kings front and rear, maybe a drop bracket kit, upper control arms, camper shell similarly set up to Glamisdude**, light bar, better sound system, kayak rack, etc etc etc. We will see as time goes by...

wow you lied big time hahahah. good luck on the build! :)

Sly tuna

If you want a vehicle that can traverse the world I would strongly advise against doing costly race oriented suspension and the complexity of a drop bracket kit. Getting a replace king coil over in the middle of east bum will be harder then many think. Drop bracket kits are the ed hardy affliction t-shirts of the automotive world.

Thanks for the advice! I've revised my build plans

Mo4130

Adventurer
Not a worry! Bigger lift means bigger tires means more wear and tear on components and so forth. Keep the lift sub 3 inch. Do a fuel leaf from the beginning and seriously think about tire choice. Think what would be easy to get. In retrospect my comment made me sound like a d ick. Sorry about that! I like my arb/ome setup very much and they are certainly tried and true.

RangeBrover

Explorer
Congrats on the truck. How is the 6 speed in the frontier? I've driven a few Tacoma 6 Speeds and the trans felt like I was driving a Bread Truck.

Sly tuna

Congrats on the truck. How is the 6 speed in the frontier? I've driven a few Tacoma 6 Speeds and the trans felt like I was driving a Bread Truck.

Clutch is much softer than on the 4 cyl. variant, but overall great to drive. I like choosing which gear i'm in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94