Slow build of the 4runner

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Swapped out the busted motorized antenna this afternoon for a non-motorized version with the black tacoma whip antenna.

All I got to say is that I felt like Gumby after doing this. I love Toyota but why do they make getting to stuff so freaking difficult to get to.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Not really a mod just some much needed mainteance and the first time doing brakes in 5 years.

All I got to say is thank you Toyota for making the pads on the 4runner so easy to change out. :victory:

Old Pads (drivers sides)

IMG_0018.jpg

New pad vs. old pad (drivers side)

IMG_0021.jpg

New pad vs. old pad (drivers side)

IMG_0022-1.jpg

(the pads are different, the 2nd and 3rd photos are for comparision of the old pads vs the new pads).

How the 4runner sits today, just not as dirty (in the coming months some other changes will be taking place :elkgrin: ).

100_4314.jpg

Last edited:

toy_tek

Adventurer
Whats going on with your brakes, T? Looks like some leakage in that first pic. Are you getting uneven wear on your pads?

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Whats going on with your brakes, T? Looks like some leakage in that first pic. Are you getting uneven wear on your pads?

Na, that's just the cleaner fluided I sprayed on it before hand.

No the pads actually wore evenally. Though it was pulling to the right when I hit the brakes.

SeattleMike

Observer
No the pads actually wore evenally. Though it was pulling to the right when I hit the brakes.

That's not even wear, the pad on the right is twice as thick as the one on the left. I'd have a shop check for a frozen piston on that caliper, those should be worn down roughly the same amount.

keezer37

Explorer
Often a sticky caliper piston will be just fine once it is compressed to put the new pads in.
How's old is your fluid? You might consider flushing it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles