Slow build of the 4runner

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Next on the list:

Rear Diff breather extention
Tacoma whip antenna (ripped the stupid power antenna off, well maybe a few trees and a car wash played a hand in that).

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Did the rear diff breather extention, pretty simple and straight forward took about 20 minutes of my time and $20 from my wallet for clamps, hose, union fitting and new breather. I'm just hoping I left enough hose for when the axle flexes.

Stock breather is in the middle.
IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

There's a little more hose slack up around the gas filler neck
IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

Really couldn't fiqure out a better way to hide to the clamp but this will work. There is still enough clearance for the door to close.
IMG_0183.jpg

Also, started on a template for the front mud flaps (thanks Oldsven for the idea :victory:). Still needs a little tweaking. I'm going to take out that curve on the right and just run it straight like others have done but I wanted to see what it would look like and probable do a little trimming for some plastic pieces underneath for a cleaner fit. For the curve on the bottom I just made a template of the rear mudflaps and used that for these.

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

Need to do some trimming on the inside but it still gives a me a good idea.
IMG_0186.jpg

Once I get everything trimmed up right I'll transfer to some 1/8" plastic I picked up from a friend.

Last edited:

CYi5

Explorer
Stock tacoma mud flaps fit if you stumble upon a set, just fyi. Sounds like you already have the materials lined up though.

digitalferg

Adventurer
Did the rear diff breather extention, pretty simple and straight forward took about 20 minutes of my time and $20 from my wallet for clamps, hose, union fitting and new breather. I'm just hoping I left enough hose for when the axle flexes.

Dude, you gotta lemme know when you do mods like this. This has been on my list for ages and I've still not gotten around to doing it... i would've loved to get together and knock them out together.

-Ferg-

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Stock tacoma mud flaps fit if you stumble upon a set, just fyi. Sounds like you already have the materials lined up though.

Thanks, didn't know that.

Dude, you gotta lemme know when you do mods like this. This has been on my list for ages and I've still not gotten around to doing it... i would've loved to get together and knock them out together.

-Ferg-

I still have to do the Tacoma whip antenna. :sombrero:

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Just ordered the parts for the Tacoma whip antenna swap. Kind of getting sick of hearing the motor run for the antenna.

Trying to find the non-motorized antenna assembly from a Toyota 4runner is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. Ended up having to buy a new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior