Slim Jim on a Fuso door?

kerry

Expedition Leader
Our truck is currently being used by Australian friends with whom we have done a camper swap. They managed to lock both sets of keys in the cab. Anyone have directions on how to use a Slim Jim on those door locks? They've called road service but I thought if anyone has experience opening those doors with a Slim Jim it might be helpful in resolving the problem. I do own a Slim Jim and they are relatively close to me so in a pinch I could go there and attempt it myself but I'm not an experienced jimmier.

kerry

Expedition Leader
The gods and the law of the Seven P's was with me and a Slim Jim was not required. I had taped a spare key to the under chassis wiring when I bought the truck 9 yrs ago.

unkamonkey

Explorer
Keys are good things to have. I locked myself out of my house one night and had to wander over to my neighbors to get my spare door key. Alright get my spare set of keys out so I could retrieve the first set from inside the van and take the key back to my neighbors. I got another set of keys made up and I keep a spare van door key in my wallet. I keyed all of the doors for my house for the same key, Just reduces the amount of keys to carry around and I keyed almost all of my padlocks to fit the same key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles