Slide out trailer kitchen

Woods

Explorer
Material is baltic birch ply. I coated all of the top surfaces with "bar epoxy". All other surfaces are coated with urethane. The sink has a hose that I run to the ground, under the trailer.

Very impressive. Is it wood or a composit? Where does sink drain?

Woods

Explorer
Man, that is one awesome setup. Amazing how quickly you got hot water. Please provide details on everything!!!

Galley details from my build thread:

Found some good 250 lb. drawer slides and cut up a bunch of baltic birch ply. All of the working surfaces (counter tops) are coated with "Bar Epoxy". Gives a good hard finish and looks great. Then covered everything in urethane for waterproofing and UV protection.

I have to use the air bag suspension to level the trailer. Must be level or the flat bottom sink to drain.

I modified (shortened) a cargo bar that I purchased from Harbor Freight LINK to support the fold out galley. It's got well over a foot of adjust-ability for when the trailer is not parked on level ground.

I haven't been happy with any of the stoves that I've seen. I wanted something with a little more power. I'm building my own stove and it will have two 30K BTU burners.

The water heater is from Campchef and I'm pretty impressed with it. The mounts are not very strong, so I strapped it with large zip-ties. The head has too much flow and I don't really like the water valve on it, so I'm going to be changing those parts out.

I purchased a Sea-Dog LINK switch panel with 5 switches and a cigarette lighter socket.

One thing I would have done different. The kitchen counter is 24" deep. The sink determines the minimum depth (20") and I should have gone with that.

To do list:
Finish and install stove
Wire power to charge galley battery
Install stereo
Add two drawers to galley
Add one storage box cover to galley
Add gas springs to one galley storage box
Build additional counter space and storage on tailgate door
Enlarge trailer lid
Add another 10 gallon water storage tank
Misc. plumbing and electrical to clean things up
Install new sink faucet / shower head
Figure out a paper towel holder for the galley

Ranchero

Wanderer
Very cool. Thinking of a smaller, but similar idea for my 80. What are the quick couplers you're using for the cold in on your water heater?

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
If the water heater gets bumped will it flop backwards and crash or do you have a little safty latch? That thing is the coolest!

Woods

Explorer
I started with couplerss like these: LINK I also have a ball valve. The problem was if someone disconnected the hose with the ball valve open and pump on, it would blow water everywhere. I ended up changing to garden hose quick couplers, with auto shut off.

Very cool. Thinking of a smaller, but similar idea for my 80. What are the quick couplers you're using for the cold in on your water heater?

Woods

Explorer
I have been busing working on the galley and have some good updates. Just need some time to do another video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz