Slide out kitchen

jscherb

Expedition Leader
An unmodified M416 doesn't have a tailgate or other opening for a kitchen to slide out of so did you want something to slide out over the top edge of the tub, or do you have or plan to add a tailgate?

CBeckFJ

An unmodified M416 doesn't have a tailgate or other opening for a kitchen to slide out of so did you want something to slide out over the top edge of the tub, or do you have or plan to add a tailgate?
planning to add a diy tailgate. Probably just a piece of wood just bolted in place. Thought about making it go out the side before the fender

50 fiver

There is a build thread somewhere that has what you are talking about. I will see if I can locate it...

hscoots

Do not know where you are, but this is not available in north america. Heck, between Canada and the USA, not all theire product are available equaly.
When I asked them about this in May, they said its coming soon to NA market. Asked me to DM them(in instagram) but never did to find out when exactly its coming.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
When I asked them about this in May, they said its coming soon to NA market. Asked me to DM them(in instagram) but never did to find out when exactly its coming.
I'm a fan of Dometic, but I'm not sure the Dometic "kitchen" will make sense in many smaller off-road trailers. There are two versions, one is 65" long so that one won't fit in many trailers - it's way too wide to go crosswise in an M416 or even a Jeep-tub style trailer. It could go crosswise in an M1101 but there aren't too many of them in expedition use. The smaller version is about 42" wide, which is too large to fit crosswise in an M416, so either model would have to slide out the back of one of those trailers, requiring a hole to be cut or a tailgate to installed.

There's no provision for a refrigerator, which is why I put "kitchen" in quotes, it may be hard to find places for both it and a fridge in a typical smaller trailer, especially if one wants both the fridge and the "kitchen" to slide out in some way. Maybe I missed it but I don't see any reference on the Dometic site to this being integrated with any of their fridge slides, it seems to me if they thought this through they would provide a way for it to be part of a dual slide system - the "kitchen" could slide out on a double extension slide underneath the fridge, which would also slide out.

There's a sink, but the water supply or water delivery system is not part of the product, so the buyer will have to figure out how to provide water at an adequate pressure to flow to the sink, probably a pump installed somewhere although if the trailer is tall enough gravity flow might suffice.

A gas supply will also have to be provided by the buyer, although a small propane tank isn't too hard to mount somewhere in/on many trailers.

Pricing in Australia seems to be AU $2500-$2700, which is about $1800 USD. By the time its imported over here, it may end up being more expensive. Considering it's more or less just a stove and a sink on a slide without any of the supporting infrastructure and no provision for a refrigerator, it may not find its way into too many small expedition trailer builds. A DIY slide to hold a stove and a simple sink may be more cost-effective for many trailer builds and not too difficult to build in any case.

CBeckFJ

been looking at many designs recently. I have basic woodworking skills so It's possible I could build my own to certain dimensions and specs to fit the M416 .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94