Slide in Camper Survey

zb39

Adventurer
I have an 8 foot wide 12 feet long flatbed on my new ram 5500. Where can I see specs and prices for a large camper kit with a bunk over cab?

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I have an 8 foot wide 12 feet long flatbed on my new ram 5500. Where can I see specs and prices for a large camper kit with a bunk over cab?

Hey there. Best if you drop us an email. We will then supply you with all the info. Cheers! info...totalcomposites.com

::Squish::

Observer
We have a Toyota pre runner.
i really REALLY wanted a lightweight hard side camper for that truck.
but there is/was nothing on the market for the truck that is
reasonable weight
reasonable cost.

so instead of building a camper or getting something that sort of worked we stepped up to a one ton truck and a small bigfoot.

i don’t need my tail gas to close, I would take it off for weight.
a queen size bed is great, I’ve been sleeping on one for 30 years.
a pull out overhead bed is totally fine.
a camper that is a little wider, but doesn’t stick out a foot past the side is doable.

i can’t express this enough.
Make. It. Light.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
We have a Toyota pre runner.
i really REALLY wanted a lightweight hard side camper for that truck.
but there is/was nothing on the market for the truck that is
reasonable weight
reasonable cost.

so instead of building a camper or getting something that sort of worked we stepped up to a one ton truck and a small bigfoot.

i don’t need my tail gas to close, I would take it off for weight.
a queen size bed is great, I’ve been sleeping on one for 30 years.
a pull out overhead bed is totally fine.
a camper that is a little wider, but doesn’t stick out a foot past the side is doable.

i can’t express this enough.
Make. It. Light.
Nice comfortable campers but light?

::Squish::

Observer
light compared to a Host, but it’s why we stepped up to a one ton, and it won’t go everywhere we would like to go. Which is why we kept the taco.

Victorian

We are slowly getting to the point where we can start production! Today we received the first batch of our brand new FRP extrusion. We will use this one for smaller campers exclusively. We will also be offering this as a stand alone item! These can be ordered in 2' increments up to 18' long. At that size shipping is becoming a bit challenging there we recommend 8' sections. In any case, more infos coming soon. 50:50 extrusion branded .jpeg

jmnielsen

Tinkerer
The more I think about it the more I like the idea of a hardsided slide in camper. I do think you guys are on to something here, hopefully you'll still be providing these when it's in the budget for me to buy.

Alloy

We are slowly getting to the point where we can start production! Today we received the first batch of our brand new FRP extrusion. We will use this one for smaller campers exclusively. We will also be offering this as a stand alone item! These can be ordered in 2' increments up to 18' long. At that size shipping is becoming a bit challenging there we recommend 8' sections. In any case, more infos coming soon. View attachment 607735
I like this profile with 100% overlap better than the ones with the hollow cores . Better insulation and provides more resitance to torsion

andy_b

Any chance you're planning on changing the profiles of the extrusions for your regular campers to this one? I realize that these are slightly smaller in dimension when compared to the floor and roofs of your other truck campers.

We are slowly getting to the point where we can start production! Today we received the first batch of our brand new FRP extrusion. We will use this one for smaller campers exclusively. We will also be offering this as a stand alone item! These can be ordered in 2' increments up to 18' long. At that size shipping is becoming a bit challenging there we recommend 8' sections. In any case, more infos coming soon. View attachment 607735

Victorian

Any chance you're planning on changing the profiles of the extrusions for your regular campers to this one? I realize that these are slightly smaller in dimension when compared to the floor and roofs of your other truck campers.

The bigger campers will still be available with our other extrusions. Only the slide in campers will be outfitted with the new style.

Victorian

Which make/model are you planning on using for the glass windows?

The glass VS Acrylic is a catch 22.... Price wise there is no huge difference. It's the overall weight that concerns us with smaller trucks. We may sell the kits without windows and let the customer decide. I personally like the almost flush appearance of the glass windows and also the higher end finish. The Arctic Tern windows on the other hand are well received in the market and have a very nice blind assembly. But they scratch.
In any case, it comes down to personal preference.

Please stay tuned.
Windows10.jpg

2wheel-lee

Oh that glass window looks so good! I couldn't see myself using Acrylic windows. Acrylic and desert wind/sand and forest branches don't seem like a good combination. I haven't seen the Tern windows, but I've seen many other Acrylic windows, and they just don't look good long term under harsh environments.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I can understand the appeal of acrylic, but for our travels I much prefer glass as well.
Even with the weight penalty. We scrub trees constantly here in the PNW

Both of those look like great options though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles