Slick Rock Trail, CA

Rippin'AV

Adventurer
Just got back from a great weekend out in the Sierras. My brother and I took the Slick Rock trail in my LR3 and had an awesome time! What a trail, not as easy as the pictures show...serious rocks! Wish I had bought sliders BEFORE going on this trail . I'm just glad that we made it thru without any major body damage. This is a challenging trail! The Jeepers on the trail kept stopping and taking pictures (mumbling under their breaths "he won't make it" ) I think I was the first Rover they've seen on that trail. :Wow1: We made it all the way to end in one piece ...except for my side steps and gas tank...they've seen better days :victory:

Great trail, took us 4 hours and had to move a lot of rocks. With solid sliders and a gas tank skid plate, would have done it in less time.

Would be great to have a group of Rovers out there next time to represent...:ylsmoke:

Attachments

• Slick Rock Trail 09 072 web.jpg
    Slick Rock Trail 09 072 web.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 277
  • Slick Rock Trail 09 079 web.jpg
    Slick Rock Trail 09 079 web.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 222
  • Slick Rock Trail 09 083 web.jpg
    Slick Rock Trail 09 083 web.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 209
  • Slick Rock Trail 09 089 web.jpg
    Slick Rock Trail 09 089 web.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 188
  • Slick Rock Trail 09 094 web.jpg
    Slick Rock Trail 09 094 web.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 187
  • Slick Rock Trail 09 120 web.jpg
    Slick Rock Trail 09 120 web.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 178
  • Slick Rock Trail 09 123 web.jpg
    Slick Rock Trail 09 123 web.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 179

dustboy

Explorer
Nice, I got about as far as your first picture there without sliders..now with better tires, sliders and more confidence I'm ready to give it a real try. How were the skeeters?

SFDiscoII

Rippin,

Looks like you had fun. It's a great trail. If your looking for more rovers to wheel with you should check out the Northern California Land Rover Club

www.nclrclub.org

My name is Leigh I am on the Board of Directors.

We have members from all over and with LR3, Discos, RR, 101, Defenders etc.

Hope to see you out on the trail...

daPitbull

Adventurer
Nice, looks like your ran it backwards. Most people run it the opposite way, but I've been meaning to run the trails the other way like you did.

SinCity4r

Adventurer
Glad you made it through! We're toyota'ers though, not jeepers hehe

Here's another picture for you!

DSC_5785.jpg

abbeyroad

Observer
Hey 'AV... Welcome to the forum. Hope you are still on for the ride Sunday. It will be somewhat mild compared to Slick Rock!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94