sleeping platform plans

colotaco

Adventurer
I hope this is the right place for this topic? I am in the planning stages of building a sleeping platform in the back of my 99 Tacoma extended cab. I swear I sat in the bed the other night with tape measure in hand in a trance like state for well over an hour. Needless to say I still don't have a design in mind. I have looked and admired Bajataco's and Michael's designs. I do plan on putting in an aux. battery system in the back also with a plug receptacle or two. So any thoughts and or pictures, plans, or drawings. Does anybody have an awesome design that they wouldn't mind being copied to some extent?

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler

I suppose this could actually go in the Toyota Tacoma section, but if we leave it here you may get more ideas on the components and hardware that can be incorporated into the design. I have a sketch of the frame-work for my 98 Tacoma sleeping/cargo deck if you'd like me to send it to you. Just send me a PM. I've been super happy with my setup which has been going on 9 years of heavy-duty travel and trips. My only complaint has been water leaks. I've come to the conclusion that water ingress is definitely the achilles' heel of the fiberglass camper shell solution. In the past couple of years, I have spent a lot of nights in roof tents, and I'm probably going to make a switch from a hard shell to roof tent. Yea, sometimes they can have leak problems too but I think they're easier to manage and deal with when it comes to sealing/repairing leaks.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
After a lot of work I finished my sleeping platform-storage area the other night in my 07 Tacoma. I have pictures, I just need to do a little write up of how it all works. I will post a link to my build thread when it is up.

colotaco

Adventurer
BajaTaco said:

I suppose this could actually go in the Toyota Tacoma section, but if we leave it here you may get more ideas on the components and hardware that can be incorporated into the design. I have a sketch of the frame-work for my 98 Tacoma sleeping/cargo deck if you'd like me to send it to you. Just send me a PM. I've been super happy with my setup which has been going on 9 years of heavy-duty travel and trips. My only complaint has been water leaks. I've come to the conclusion that water ingress is definitely the achilles' heel of the fiberglass camper shell solution. In the past couple of years, I have spent a lot of nights in roof tents, and I'm probably going to make a switch from a hard shell to roof tent. Yea, sometimes they can have leak problems too but I think they're easier to manage and deal with when it comes to sealing/repairing leaks.

PM sent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94