sleeping in your JKU

While i would love a j130 ursa minor, it is n't going to happen nor am I going to opt for a rtt just too heavy and high IMHO so who is sleeping in your Jku and how ? Please post some pictures, Thanks

tuckertj

Observer
There are a lot of nice setups on this site for sleep platforms in a JKU. Here is a pretty simple one I made up a few years ago, slept in the jeep a lot with this setup. I had to push the front passenger seat forward to fully stretch out, I'm 5'10". Was ok for one person. I also had the rack to put most of my gear without having it outside. My legs would go under the rack and head toward the front.
Just a 2x4 frame , plywood on top, hinges so I could still use the back seat and have storage access.

Used 2" foam and a therma rest pad, was really comfy

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
I don't have any pictures but I did string up a hammock (only works for one person) from the front passenger side to the rear driver side roll bar which worked real well. Fold the Front Passenger seat forward as much as possible, flatten the rear seats, and there you go.

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
Made some video in swedish english:)

To make it flat I dubble fold a madrass from fot to hip and over that one long madrass

Intex 54"x75"8,75" airbed

155162087.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles