Sleeping bag or duvet?

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Here’s a question and your opinions.

Sleeping bag or duvet?

Both have pros and cons but what do you use? Make, model and why?

I’m not a fan of sleeping bags I find them restrictive and hard to control temperature wise, i have a wide chest and shoulders, I’m also a bit of a wriggler.
I been using a Coleman xl bag which has served me well but just need that bit more freedom.
I sleep in Oztent RV4 on a stretcher with an exped mega mat 10.
Over to you!
If you find them too small you should look in to getting one of the sleeping bags made for Carp Fishing, they are much bigger than normal sleeping bags and you can buy expander panels for them as well as Jumbo sized sleeping bags, I have a couple of them and the last one I bought is a 2 Layer/Bag system and it should be good for at leased 40 below, I tried sleeping in it in the house with no heating switched on and the windows open and it Cooked Me, And I tried using it in my Van in temps of -3*c and it cooked me again So I opened the windows with it blowing 40mph+ and I was still too warm.

The Sleeping bag is big enough it feels more like sleeping in a large single Bed.

We run Teton Sports XL 0* bags. I'm True American Size, so the bigger size is a lot better than a typical mummy bag. My wife sleeps cold (actually, she's cold all. the. time. I'm sure some of you can relate), so she has additional blankets as well. While I'm over on my side in shorts sleeping on top of the bag.

I get cold in the early morning, around the dew point.

dbhost

Here’s a question and your opinions.

Sleeping bag or duvet?

Both have pros and cons but what do you use? Make, model and why?

I’m not a fan of sleeping bags I find them restrictive and hard to control temperature wise, i have a wide chest and shoulders, I’m also a bit of a wriggler.
I been using a Coleman xl bag which has served me well but just need that bit more freedom.
I sleep in Oztent RV4 on a stretcher with an exped mega mat 10.
Over to you!

I'll be blunt here. I am considered morbidly obese and am working to fix that. Docs heavily involved yadda yadda yadda...

I use a model unknown but Coleman King size, as it it literally when opened up measures out to cover a king size bed, sleeping bag. I have 2 of these, and 1 that matches, more or less but is from Magellan which is the Academy Sports and Outdoors house brand, these are 30 degree bags and I use them open and laid out. Simply put in cool weather I use them open, in cold weather, zipped up, and not too snug / confining,

Oh, and FWIW, I am sharing my bed / sleeping bag with my wife, we are both big although she is considerably smaller than I am...

In warm weather I simply use a king size flat sheet. Not going to use a sleeping bag when it is 74 degrees overnight...

FWIW I have been camping for over 40 years, I have had Coleman, Magellan, Stansport, Cabelas, etc... My favorite bags to date are my old Coleman King Size bags hands down. Comfortable liner, great zippers, great size, and pretty spot on insulation rating...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz