Slee Off-road/OME lift.

4runnerteq

Explorer
Anyone running this OME setup on their 4th gen 4runner? Shocks on the wife‘s are worn out. Don’t even necessarily want a lift but thought this may be a good compromise and nice upgrade over stock. Going to run 265/70/17 BFG ATs. Daily driver, teardrop puller when traveling long distance, camping, gravel roads. No off-roading. Replacing the XREAS.

phsycle

Adventurer
Anyone running this OME setup on their 4th gen 4runner? Shocks on the wife‘s are worn out. Don’t even necessarily want a lift but thought this may be a good compromise and nice upgrade over stock. Going to run 265/70/17 BFG ATs. Daily driver, teardrop puller when traveling long distance, camping, gravel roads. No off-roading. Replacing the XREAS.

If you don’t need a lift, just get some Bilstein shocks.

4runnerteq

Explorer
That would be nice, however, with the XREAS the assemblies have to be replaced, so, by the time you buy shocks, springs, and upper mounts, (200k on truck) your pushing into the same dollar figure. I been searching for a Bilstein assembled set up to just change everything but haven't looked in right place yet I guess

bkg

Explorer
That would be nice, however, with the XREAS the assemblies have to be replaced, so, by the time you buy shocks, springs, and upper mounts, (200k on truck) your pushing into the same dollar figure. I been searching for a Bilstein assembled set up to just change everything but haven't looked in right place yet I guess

ah.

SDHQ, Toytec... both have bilstein.

Crikeymike

Adventurer
Dobinsons do have a lot of different coil and height options. Here, you can get stock height replacements, or up to 3.5" of lift. Since you're not looking for a lift, it might be something to consider.

Also multiple coil and strut/shock color options to choose from.

I dont have a 4 runner but I do have 2 GXs. My 06 GX470 has a 2.5 OME lift and my 2011 GX460 has a set of Dobinson rear springs that are factory height for air bag replacement. The Dobinsons feel spungey to me. The 470 carries a couple hundred pounds of gear all the time in the rear and also pulls a 4k pound trailer and kayaks. I really like the OME settup. Its the medium rate springs also and not the heavy ones. I do not have any aftermarket bumpers but I do have a front receiver and receiver winch setup.

Crikeymike

Adventurer
I dont have a 4 runner but I do have 2 GXs. My 06 GX470 has a 2.5 OME lift and my 2011 GX460 has a set of Dobinson rear springs that are factory height for air bag replacement. The Dobinsons feel spungey to me. The 470 carries a couple hundred pounds of gear all the time in the rear and also pulls a 4k pound trailer and kayaks. I really like the OME settup. Its the medium rate springs also and not the heavy ones. I do not have any aftermarket bumpers but I do have a front receiver and receiver winch setup.
The stock height Dobinsons rears are only 220lb spring rate, while the OME lightest spring rate is 260, so you'll definitely feel a difference between them

MN4RNR

I went with that OME setup on my 2006 4Runner V6. I ended up with 2883 up front and 2895 (no E) rear. I do run a set of drawers in the back. What I didn't like was any load with the 895E in the rear and I got a droopy booty. I have no complaints on ride or quality with OME. It runs great on the terrain you are describing. My only critique would be the powdercoat on the shock bodies does not like winter salt, they rust fast.

4runnerteq

Explorer
I went with that OME setup on my 2006 4Runner V6. I ended up with 2883 up front and 2895 (no E) rear. I do run a set of drawers in the back. What I didn't like was any load with the 895E in the rear and I got a droopy booty. I have no complaints on ride or quality with OME. It runs great on the terrain you are describing. My only critique would be the powdercoat on the shock bodies does not like winter salt, they rust fast.
What size tire you running? Thinking just going with 265/70/17. I also like just a bit of front rake rather than level.

jgallo1

Adventurer
Ome is awesome, if it's Toyota it gets OME for my builds.
I know there are other companies out there that make amazing suspension systems. I have had quite a few OME kits and never had a problem.
My friends that have had very high-end suspension systems are always having to add nitrogen, set reminders to turn the adjustment valves so they don't jammed up. They have to have them rebuilt.
Most people I know who run OME do not have any of these concerns, they just drive

JakeH

Adventurer
I have the Dobinson lift on my GX460 for 2 years now and I like it, but if it was my wife's DD the Bilstein with no lift would have won.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles