Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

java

Expedition Leader
Well ******** me. I've been putting off coating (DONT USE SIKA ON THE ROOF....) the roof, this is the last week of ok weather before rain.... But it cooled way down and is overcast...

Scrubbed the ******** out of it. Leaf blower towels and pray for it to dry....

50437309312_b1e3672b77_b.jpg

This is why, the ******** gets all soft after water/UV exposure.
50436445198_22283a581b_b.jpg

Mask off the universe. Didn't want ******** dripping down the sides.
50437307887_f68e61c1d2_b.jpg

Mix part A and B of the epoxy primer. Here is ******** up number one.... Part A had settled.... I didn't realize it till I dumped what I needed out of the bucket. There was a ton of solids on the bottom. I scooped some out and tossed it in my mix..... Hoped for the best. Should have grabbed a bigger clean bucket to mix it all in. Didn't even think of that.... ********.
50436443723_13a631d3b7_b.jpg

Rolled it on. It was skinning a little bit in the tray etc, so I thought it would be ok.
50436443838_00052b9b9f_b.jpg

Went out this morning, and its ************** soft still...... It got a fair bit of dew, but the temps stayed above 55 (truck said 58 this morning). Called the tech line, they said if it was under 50 it will REALLY slow the cure. Thoughts? And i ************ by my mix or is this ******** gonna set up? If it doesn't I have a huge ************** mess to clean up. And its not water proof.... And its supposed to rain tomorrow. ********. I need two top coats on it today...... The primer wasn't required even for the coating, but I figured it couldn't hurt to use it....

java

Expedition Leader
Well it set up, was a little soft where some water puddled on it. But it cured.

I got one coat on before rain. So I am happy as hell. Headed to the desert this weekend, so ill bring the other gallon with me and do it there.

50440808508_696b276f17_b.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I recoated the roof of mine with flex seal, a few weeks ago. Trying to beat the PNW rainy season.

Looks great! Have fun in the desert, I have an alvord trip planned soon.

Sent from my magical BlackBerry pocket tool, somewhere remote. Happy Tails & Safe Travels

java

Expedition Leader
I recoated the roof of mine with flex seal, a few weeks ago. Trying to beat the PNW rainy season.

Looks great! Have fun in the desert, I have an alvord trip planned soon.

Sent from my magical BlackBerry pocket tool, somewhere remote. Happy Tails & Safe Travels

Good luck with the flex seal..... Used it in places on the old truck. Didn't hold up to the uv it seemed.

I haven't been to Alvord yet!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Its beautiful. You and the family would love it.

Hmmm, we will see. I have a stock trailer coated with it, and my truck flat bed is as well. I've had good luck with it, but I put it on thick. Guess I'll find out haha

Happy tails and Safe travels
Hopefully sent from somewhere pretty and remote.
With my entertainment and navigation multitool.

Contract AEMT, Firefighter, MCPIC,Remote Medic, Safety Manager.

Last edited:

java

Expedition Leader
Granted it is a little late to bring this up, but this is what I used on Casa about 5 years ago.

Bus-Kote

I also bought ceramic beads that I mixed into the paint for further insulation and it really worked to keep the box cooler!
The beads are super interesting! Good. News is I can always add another coat

ExpoMike

Granted it is a little late to bring this up, but this is what I used on Casa about 5 years ago.

Bus-Kote

I also bought ceramic beads that I mixed into the paint for further insulation and it really worked to keep the box cooler!

Thanks for that specific product. I have looked at a number of products by Hy-Tech Coatings and this looks like it will be perfect for the roof of my box.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Slight thread-drift
Do the ceramic beads add any texture to the paint? As in besides helping with insulation, do they provide a non-slip surface?

java

Expedition Leader
Slight thread-drift
Do the ceramic beads add any texture to the paint? As in besides helping with insulation, do they provide a non-slip surface?
I don't belive it really does.

I am planning to use Gaco Liquid roof tape to make walking path. It's a bit thicker and has microfiber in it. That's what they suggest.

It's cured up nice and beads like crazy right now!
1f5c1e6c0e66d27d79f65e8a23da530e.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles