Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

Srpat

Observer
Ford has about 1,000 different combinations of coils depending on what truck you have and what it was fitted for. Maybe get a new pair of coils, spec'd the same as the factory ones, and try a different kind of bump stop. Timbren maybe, or maybe the sumosprings. Something that has some give in it and actually uses the springs to compress? Seems on the cheaper side of how to go about it, so maybe go back to stock-ish setup.

Bumpstop spacers would be easy.

Firestone doesn't make this diameter and height with internal bumps.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

java

Expedition Leader
Ford has about 1,000 different combinations of coils depending on what truck you have and what it was fitted for. Maybe get a new pair of coils, spec'd the same as the factory ones, and try a different kind of bump stop. Timbren maybe, or maybe the sumosprings. Something that has some give in it and actually uses the springs to compress? Seems on the cheaper side of how to go about it, so maybe go back to stock-ish setup.
I need more height than the Ford springs offer. I could run a spacer, but it seems a taller spring would be better

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Sounds like you might need a progressive spring, but from what I gather its not common on ford trucks.

Fatboyz

Observer
Gosh you've had your share of crap with the tires and suspension. That has been my worry about making the jump to singles, suspension changes etc. I finally got everything done on my truck except the front cut out fender flares. we have been running the duals with 245 19.5's all summer and through last spring and we're having good luck. I replaced my front leaves with new heavy duty ones and new shocks and it's been working well. Afraid to go down the rabbit hole of trial and error and may just "run what I brung"! Good luck man! cheers.

cjken

Explorer
Gosh you've had your share of crap with the tires and suspension. That has been my worry about making the jump to singles, suspension changes etc. I finally got everything done on my truck except the front cut out fender flares. we have been running the duals with 245 19.5's all summer and through last spring and we're having good luck. I replaced my front leaves with new heavy duty ones and new shocks and it's been working well. Afraid to go down the rabbit hole of trial and error and may just "run what I brung"! Good luck man! cheers.

Any experience in sand with the 245 19.5’s??
I’m thinking of trying 265 19.5’s which are the largest approved for my rims.
My only reservation is sand.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Whats your weight at? What aspect ratio are the tires? If extra width isn't available, you can use length by airing down a higher aspect ratio tire.

HowardH

Adventurer

I have some with that tire wheel combo. They work much better than stock. If you are not afraid to air down.

java

Expedition Leader

As others have said, air down. Otherwise they sink, fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles