Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

java

Expedition Leader
PSA Pre fit your tire chains, these are supposed to fit, my tire size is on the bag, but I ahd to cut 8 links off and remove a cross bar.... Glad In tested them.

Amazing weekend though, We went to find snow, and find it we did! Forecast was way off, ~10" or so at least.

New Rigid's are awesome. Usable light, no one flashed me all weekend, and I can SEE!

The turn off the highway.
44932840495_8abf7ffc5c_b.jpg

Where we stopped for the night. I drove all the way up in 2wd, apparently I forgot to unlock the hubs last weekend, so I jumped out to lock them in when we hit snow and unlocked them.... No wonder the ass end was squirming around.

30906151327_ed5f9b0232_b.jpg

45845570301_046f5daf9c_b.jpg

Not a bad view to see in the morning. Snow firmed up over night and it took a fair bit of spinning to back out of there. Parking brake froze too (well the sensor/cable did, brake released, but chime chimed for miles.....)
44932830335_d07ed0c78d_b.jpg

45845722961_b352bff9d0_b.jpg

Went for a couple of COLD hikes.

Not doing the pass this time of year LOL
45845553341_e617bb6526_b.jpg

45120982994_3df14118ff_b.jpg

31974635998_41dd5bd044_b.jpg

Spotted a black bear in a tree....

45796443032_0c8290e20b_b.jpg

Then headed to a usual spot for the night. It was clear and COLD.

45796485202_c5845e8086_b.jpg

patoz

Expedition Leader
44884423075_929d8a53a8_b.jpg

Can you tell me what the model number of these are? My halogen headlights are so dim on my F250, I need to add something and these sound good if they are SAE rated and can be run while driving.

Last edited:

java

Expedition Leader
44884423075_929d8a53a8_b.jpg

Can you tell me what the model number of these are? My halogen headlights are so dim on my F250, I need to add something and these sound good if they are SAE rated and can be run while driving.

I recently picked up a Warn Polished Stainless Trans4mer Brush Guard and Winch Mount.

View attachment 483716

It will cover the area where the OEM Fog light s go on the 2004 model, but I have several mounting options on the brush guard itself.

View attachment 483717 View attachment 483718

I'm also considering adding a light bar like this for off-road use, but I wouldn't be able to use it while driving on the highway.

View attachment 483719

Yeah the OE lights are bad.....

504813 Rigid SAE Compliant Fog Light Set. They are REALLY good, worth every penny.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07625S6H7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ill have to watch your install of the Warn guard, normally not a huge fan, they seem flimsy and stick out a long ways from the bumper.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Being 'Fog' lights, are these amber or white light? We have very little use for the amber fog lights around here, but I would love to find a set of these that are SAE approved white 'driving' lights.

The Warn Trans4mer series does add 8" to the front of your bumper, plus the 3" or so for the fairlead depending on which one you use. It is not flimsy by any means, and weighs about 80 lbs by itself without the winch or any mounting brackets. The uprights and winch carrier are all 1/4" steel, and the mounting brackets are mostly 3/8" steel. It's not going to be as strong as a full size winch bumper, but for my purposes it will be just fine. The system is modular, and can be configured with as little or as much as you want. Warn is very proud of them also, especially the stainless version. I have been looking for a used one for seven years and finally found one as a very good price.

You must have read my post before I edited it. I decided to repost the Trans4mer/winch mounting information in my own thread instead of cluttering up yours.

java

Expedition Leader
Being 'Fog' lights, are these amber or white light? We have very little use for the amber fog lights around here, but I would love to find a set of these that are SAE approved white 'driving' lights.

The Warn Trans4mer series does add 8" to the front of your bumper, plus the 3" or so for the fairlead depending on which one you use. It is not flimsy by any means, and weighs about 80 lbs by itself without the winch or any mounting brackets. The uprights and winch carrier are all 1/4" steel, and the mounting brackets are mostly 3/8" steel. It's not going to be as strong as a full size winch bumper, but for my purposes it will be just fine. The system is modular, and can be configured with as little or as much as you want. Warn is very proud of them also, especially the stainless version. I have been looking for a used one for seven years and finally found one as a very good price.

You must have read my post before I edited it. I decided to repost the Trans4mer/winch mounting information in my own thread instead of cluttering up yours.
No worries on the Clutter :D

No, they are white. Not as super long-range beam, but very wide and very nice cut off. There are Amber covers for them I believe

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

patoz

Expedition Leader
No worries on the Clutter :D

No, they are white. Not as super long-range beam, but very wide and very nice cut off. There are Amber covers for them I believe

Cool, I'll check into those then, and yes there are amber covers for them on Amazon also.

java

Expedition Leader
Hmmmm I may have driven over my mud flap (reverse, ditch, yeah, i did remove it, it just flipped up backwards).... And broken a few clips for the flares in the past..... I guess more clearance is needed.
44966431755_af237e923c_b.jpg

What do you mean they dont fit? I have a grinder and sawzall!
30940505067_4fb763355e_b.jpg

~1.5" of body lip and fender removed. Right where they bolt together (there are two sets of bolts), fender liner pushed back, flare re attached with sheet metal screws. Will need to repeat on other side....
44966430525_ab3bccf526_b.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
Were those flares stock? How are you liking the new tires and singles now?

So far so good! I want a couple more tanks of gas through it to get a feeling for mileage.

Yep stock flares on the 450's. Covers the wider front end.

Chorky

Observer
Oh man this looks like an awesome trip!! What highway was it off of? I've been wanting to do a test run of my new tires and TT's....

Any 'drivers view' of the new lights?

Chorky

Observer
Wow....that's pretty darn bright for just the fog's! It looks like theyre only 4 LED's per housing too. Man I'm surprised! Looks great though. Heres what I put in my headlights before the summer. They were an amazing night and day difference. Technically I think they're not legal due to the brightness ratings, but I've never been flashed (after aiming correctly) and they light up 10 times better than stock. I'm sure they make something similar to your truck.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...9630/?make=28&model=799&scc_id=1398&year=1997

java

Expedition Leader
Wow....that's pretty darn bright for just the fog's! It looks like theyre only 4 LED's per housing too. Man I'm surprised! Looks great though. Heres what I put in my headlights before the summer. They were an amazing night and day difference. Technically I think they're not legal due to the brightness ratings, but I've never been flashed (after aiming correctly) and they light up 10 times better than stock. I'm sure they make something similar to your truck.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...9630/?make=28&model=799&scc_id=1398&year=1997
Only reason I didn't do those is reports of not melting snow off the lenses....

That pic is camera phone, so it's probably over bright. But they basciaclly make it so you can't tell the headlights are on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles