Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

java

Expedition Leader
New charger is ordered. It does have the temperature probe as well.

I will probably try to get that installed and see how it goes. I don't have any really long trips planned for a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

java

Expedition Leader
Electrical upgrades inbound.

New inverter charger. Had to go with the 3kw as the 2kw that I wanted is the "compact" model and 6" taller.... New control panel for all the Victron stuff to talk to each other.
49420540217_e27a315363_b.jpg

Since I was planning 2kw not 3kw, all my connections are undersized..... All new connection goodies for 400A. The inverter is set up to run dual 1/0 cables for pos and neg. Not quite sure how its all going to fit..... Fingers Crossed.
49420013213_1e493bcff5_b.jpg

Anton2k3

Adventurer
CCGX is great, well worth the money. Have you got victron solar controller too? One thing I have noticed ( I have the BMV 702, CCGX, easy solar), is that the BMW battery SOC is wildly different to the lithium BMS (123SmartBMS). The BMS SOC is usually around 15% lower SOC than the victron. Cant figure out why,or how to fix it though.

java

Expedition Leader
CCGX is great, well worth the money. Have you got victron solar controller too? One thing I have noticed ( I have the BMV 702, CCGX, easy solar), is that the BMW battery SOC is wildly different to the lithium BMS (123SmartBMS). The BMS SOC is usually around 15% lower SOC than the victron. Cant figure out why,or how to fix it though.

Good to hear its worth the $! I do have the Victron solar as well.

I was reading the manual the other day, for lithium they suggest adjusting the Phuket constant, IIRC it was 1.05 for lithium, but dont quote me on that. Its burried in the BMV manual somewhere. Possibly the issue? Also the "full reset" really should be adjusted from the factory settings if you charging from alternator or solar it seems. IMO it rests to the 100% SOC too fast.

I clipped these from the manual as I was reading.

49415174647_f16f85c6f3.jpg

49414489463_019fe6c05b.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
Fitting the bigger inverter is going to be a project..... Someone didn't exactly leave room...

5c981f2da9af2976cd5662114c418482.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Srpat

Observer
You can't just mount one in front of the other? Mount on a board that has wiring that lets you lift it out like a beekeepers box?

Fitting the bigger inverter is going to be a project..... Someone didn't exactly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior