Skersfan's New Shuttle Pod Trailer Build...

BSR

Utter Numpty
If some have interest in building one and would like to talk with me, PM me I will give you as much information as I can.

What a top bloke. :bowdown:

Family does indeed, or at least should, come first.
It's the entire reason why I've ended up embarking on this process, to have the facility of getting away with my wife and my daughters rather than being at work 7-days a week. If the camper is there, I know I'll make use of it and spend quality time with them.

You have my utmost respect for your decision and my thanks for helping inspire my own build.

Best wishes.

Taking good care of her !!

We took it to the convention last October in NC and spent two weeks playing on the Kentucky Adventure Trail with it. This year we have used this teardrop every other weekend since April. We purchased 10 acres of timber near the lake and are working on the land as often as we can. Without this teardrop and the places it would go, we'd never have been able to do this and it has been so awesome for what we are currently doing. We are excited to get it out to Colorado or Moab next year.

kj6oeo

Beautiful Build, but where did you get the water tanks just above the axle?

Beautiful Build, but where did you get the water tanks just above the axle and below the cabin? I want to copy that idea if you would allow....

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Re: Design Drawings...

Hi,your project is amazing! How can I get its drawings ? Thank you / Cadu

Not sure how often Bob still checks in here, as he is no longer in the trailer building business. I have never seen any actual drawings, and there may not be actual drawings. As I posted waaaay back on Page 1 to another forum member...

Definitely a unique size. Any chance there's drawings of the design?

I haven't seen any drawings and I'm not even sure there are any other than napkin scribblings, 'cause this thing went together fast. Skersfan is in California while I am in Texas, and we have only corresponded over the net. I'll post some of his remarks from another forum in a bit.

From 09/01/11
Skersfan - overall length tip to tail 161 inches. Height is just under 7 foot and width is 80 inches.

It is structurally strong enough to go anywhere. But due to the width, trails like the Rubicon, John Bull and others would be off limits. Towing it up Imogene Pass or Engineer Pass in Ouray would be no problem. I weighed it this morning and it hit the scale at 1400lbs with 20 gallons of water on board. My guess fully loaded it will hit 2000lbs and the axles are set up for 2700lbs.

It seems easier to tow than the box expedition trailers and I am thinking it is because of the nose on the trailer. Less wind drag. I hope to find that out by gas mileage.

I have towed it around and it will stay arrow straight at 90mph. It tows in the narrowest of drive-thru lanes. I have not had it off road yet.

Sleeping is a 75 inch by 48 inch area...

Be sure to check out Bob's followup build as well - http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/78273-Skersfan-s-build-for-Old-Sarge-May-2012

Azjoe77

Just ran across this thread & was wondering how you attached the sidewalks to the wood ? Liquid nails type adhesive ? & how did you hold it in place ? Thnx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles