Single tracked off road "mule"

java

Expedition Leader
Being electric, it would be great around the house or farm. I wonder what the range on it is.

video says 45-210 KM depending on the battery type.

Its cool but what is the advantage over a snowmobile? other than being electric

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
Its cool but what is the advantage over a snowmobile? other than being electric
I think you answered your own question, it's electric. That means it can be used as a work horse. The torque of an electric motor can probably handle towing or pushing a lot more than a snowmobile.

I really don't know what a CVT on a snowmobile can handle though.

java

Expedition Leader
I think you answered your own question, it's electric. That means it can be used as a work horse. The torque of an electric motor can probably handle towing or pushing a lot more than a snowmobile.

I really don't know what a CVT on a snowmobile can handle though.

Yeah electric is all I see going for it. But in the bush its hard to recharge electric... There are lots of "working" snowmobiles, double track single ski, slow and strong. My family has one thats older than dirt at their remote cabin in AK. Has hauled a lot of water and wood over the decades.

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
But you know how it is, people get a hard-on because it's electric.

Battery technology still hasn't caught up to the point where it makes any logical sense for long-range applications.

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
Yeah it would be cool if they added a small engine as a generator purely for recharging the batteries. You could have a few gallon gas tank and that would expand the range by a huge amount.

krl81

Adventurer
Really cool! Kind of what Steinbruchsoldat have built and shared here on Expo. His was petroldriven though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior