Single drawer build & rear organization system

wileybyrd

I commented over on mud as dubyahard that this is the same setup I'd like to shoot for. With two kids, I could keep the dog in the back on the drawer and all the luggage in the trailer. What do you think the box and base cost you, excluding the paint, slide and cage? How long did it take to assemble? How heavy do you think it is? Loaded with everything, fridge, cage, slide, and full drawer, what is your guess where the weight is?
Thanks,
Will

60Dan

Explorer
I commented over on mud as dubyahard that this is the same setup I'd like to shoot for. With two kids, I could keep the dog in the back on the drawer and all the luggage in the trailer. What do you think the box and base cost you, excluding the paint, slide and cage? How long did it take to assemble? How heavy do you think it is? Loaded with everything, fridge, cage, slide, and full drawer, what is your guess where the weight is?
Thanks,
Will

Good question. I can remove the box and lift it myself. Same goes for the fridge slide. The cage is pretty light weight.

Its hard to say really, probably all in (fridge, cage, slide, drawer, food, gear) maybe 250lbs depending on what I pack??
Canned food and drinks can add up the weight quickly!
Now when I go on a long trip and the back seat isn't needed I remove it so I think thats a good offset.
I weigh 185lbs so I've probably added the weight of a large guy!
I also don't run the 3rd row with this (sometimes with just the drawer no fridge obviously) so there is the weight of those seats gone to consider.
Im running OME springs and Ironman shocks in the rear the ride is comfy.

Cost wise without the paint, slide and cage somewhere around $350 (being conservative)

These are the slides I purchased:
Regular slide:
https://truck-hardware.orrorr.com/i...y-full-extension-slide-250-and-500-lbs/h-8433

Lock in lock out:
https://truck-hardware.orrorr.com/i...-lock-in-lock-out-full-extension-slide/h-8568

They come in pairs so I had an extra set which I sold to a buddy so that offset the cost

Misc cost was the handle for the front (I can look this up for you if you want the same one), piano style hinge for the rear access, and rear latch

It adds up once you add the monstaliner, hardware etc

Didn't take long once I had all the parts in. From start to finish with no paint just a bare box you could easily do it over a weekend.

Best of luck let me know if I can help in any way or you have any more questions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles