Simple water storage with pump for Land Rover Discovery 1 (D1)

amnesia7

Hi, nice project!

Was thinking of building a jerrycan with a electric pump and water tap build in the screwcap on top.
I have see some nice projects like this on youtube..
But those are all 12V, i was thinking about a 5v tot 12V USB so i can use a small powerbank close to the jerrycan just like u did.

How is the flow rate on these tiny 5V pumps? Is it any good?
If these tiny pumps work ok i might skip a 12V one and use the 5V with a powerbank.

Love to hear you input.

Granted it’s not in English but this is one of the YouTube videos I watched before making mine. It should give you an idea of the flow rate and there’s some mention of flow rate in the comments as well:

BorealOverland

If you want to make something to fit a jerry can then you might want to check this out:

Thanks for your response!

Yes that would be a very simple a fun little project to do indeed,
i have seen many diy variations on that.
If i go the 12V way i will just follow that example.

For now i ordered the plug and play 5V watertap, and see if i can fit it to my jerrycan.
If that's not working to well i will make a 12V setup like in the video or just ditch the whole plan
and keep it stupid simple without the electric goodies as that has always worked so far.

Thanks and safe travels!
Steve.

pith helmet

you could do worse than a 'low flow' system like the 5v. my 12v pump is 1 gpm which you have to be careful with so you don't drain your supply too quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior