Simple, self-contained, pressurized water system

kwill

Observer
I recently bought a Jeep on ebay. My teen-aged son and I flew up to Arkansas (from Austin TX) to drive it home. We wanted to do a little fishing/camping on the way home so we took our backpacking gear on the plane. After picking up the JK we were going to buy a couple of jerry cans or Coleman water jugs. But, we bought an ATV spray rig instead. This one holds 16 gallons of water and by switching the battery clamps for a 12V lighter plug I could plug it right into the power outlet in the back of the Wrangler. Voila! Pressurized water to clean fish, ourselves, even hose off the vehicle when the windshield got really dirty. Northern Tool sells this one for $179 and it sends 2.2 GPM out of the 16 gallon tank. They also sell a 10 gallon and 26 gallon, all with the same on-demand pump. I'm in the planning stages of an expedition trailer and I'm thinking this might just go in as is with a little additional plumbing. I'm new to this world so maybe this is old news.

Attachments

• 2681101_700x700.jpg
    2681101_700x700.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1648.JPG
    IMG_1648.JPG
    290.9 KB · Views: 91

jeeps4fun

Adventurer
Subscribed! Be nice to be able to buy in a package like that. One hose coils go to a "shower" side? The other maybe a sink?

jeeps4fun

Adventurer
Google says "normal' sink gpm is about 1.5, so 2.2 might be a little high. Wonder if I could use a regulator on the sink side and leave the shower side at a higher flow rate

ADVrider76

Never thought about this. Used a tractor sprayer many times but this is a cool idea. I would like to see more pics of this setup when you get it going. Let us know how it works.

alia176

Explorer
On my on board shower, i stuck a penny with 1/8" hole in the shower wand to slow down the flow rate. Simple and effective.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

Carlyle

Explorer
I use a Ball Lock 5 gallon Pepsi keg to do the same thing. I'm a home brewer and have dozens of them. Pressurize off the compressors and attach a garden nozzle. In a pinch, I can fill my camper water tank from it as well.

kwill

Observer
I use a Ball Lock 5 gallon Pepsi keg to do the same thing. I'm a home brewer and have dozens of them. Pressurize off the compressors and attach a garden nozzle. In a pinch, I can fill my camper water tank from it as well.

Picture? I would love to know more about this.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Used a bug sprayer, pump it up type. Not bad and cheap too. That unit looks pretty slick! Hadn't seen the syrup tank before, bet they are hard to get a hold of.

El Solis

Adventurer
I went with the roadshower. Easy to mount, easy to use, water is warm when you get to camp, always ready with a few pumps into the tank. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376693934.531377.jpg

bat

Explorer
Had a smaller version of the same thing hooked up to one of the propane on demand camping showers.

kwill

Observer
I went with the roadshower. Easy to mount, easy to use, water is warm when you get to camp, always ready with a few pumps into the tank. View attachment 179192

That's pretty cool too. When you pressurize it does the pressure hold up until the tank is empty or do you have to re-pressurize as the water is emptied? It would be pretty easy to make one of those with PVC pipe. You may have seen the video of the guy who used his Jeep JK bumper as a water tank. It holds about 7 gallons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94