Simple Rotopax Roof Rack Mount Build

I'm very pleased with how this Rotopax roof rack mount turned out! I'm leaving tomorrow morning w/ my dog on a trip from LA to Chicago. I needed a gas container, so I bought a 3 gal Rotopax w/ the deluxe base mount and had a friend fabricate a roof mount for it. It's a really simple design, and extremely sturdy!

Roof Mount #3.jpgRoof Mount #5.jpgRoof Mount #6.jpgRoof Mount #1.jpgRoof Mount #2.jpgRoof Mount #4.jpg

hg1027

Looks good, I like the way you worked around the curved bars.

Any reason for the gap in the channel under the mount? What you had on the shelf?

krick3tt

Adventurer
Don't know his reason but it looks to a place for the bolts to be tightened easily. Admire the work, it looks like a champion bit of fabrication. I am curious about vibration, hope the tabs keep that from happening.

Don't know his reason but it looks to a place for the bolts to be tightened easily. Admire the work, it looks like a champion bit of fabrication. I am curious about vibration, hope the tabs keep that from happening.
So I did end up having to strap the Rotopax down bc I discovered that the wind/vibration was unscrewing the handle on the Rotopax mount bracket... When I get back home, I'm going to have my friend make a cap with brackets inside it to hold the handle in place that will also lock into place somehow on the rack itself to reduce vibration and serve as an anti-theft mechanism

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior