Simple rims for modern full size trucks?

Mako1114

Adventurer
Personally, I like the Saltas without the trim ring and I assumed the guy performing the tire rotation at the dealership would be like ******?

Side question: are there any black lug nuts on the market that don't gauge and later rust when performing tire rotations? I live on the coast and it doesn't take long for the oxidation.

rZNKciB.jpg

Cheers

jadmt

ignore button user
Personally, I like the Saltas without the trim ring and I assumed the guy performing the tire rotation at the dealership would be like ******?

Side question: are there any black lug nuts on the market that don't gauge and later rust when performing tire rotations? I live on the coast and it doesn't take long for the oxidation.

rZNKciB.jpg

Cheers
I am 63 yoa and been driving since the early 70's and not a single time in my life has anyone rotated my tires but me. I am a beat down old drunk who can barely open the mailbox door but I will continue to rotate my own tires every 3000 miles or so. as for lugs I have had good luck with Gorilla cast nuts.

billiebob

I like alloys for the weight saving but then look at everything else we do with no regard for the weight.
Most often

The factory jack vs a HighLift or Bottle Jack.
The factory spare tire carrier is lighter than any swing away after market carrier.
The factory bumper plus the winch manufacturers winch plate is lighter than most after market winch bumpers... Savvy and ARB excepted.

Alloy wheels might save 40#.

My preference for steel rims is number one is the fact they bend but rarely crack or break. And I've never had a steelie BOND itself to the hub.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I like alloys for the weight saving but then look at everything else we do with no regard for the weight.
Most often

The factory jack vs a HighLift or Bottle Jack.
The factory spare tire carrier is lighter than any swing away after market carrier.
The factory bumper plus the winch manufacturers winch plate is lighter than most after market winch bumpers... Savvy and ARB excepted.

Alloy wheels might save 40#.

My preference for steel rims is number one is the fact they bend but rarely crack or break. And I've never had a steelie BOND itself to the hub.
I use a Hummer military scissors jack with an Agile Offroad billet adapter. My camper and Ram diesel weigh 9200# wet. It lifts it effortlessly and I don't have to get under the vehicle to raise it like I did with my bottle jack. The base is large too unlike the bottle jack.

Mako1114

Adventurer
I hear ya but the tire rotations were "bundled" together with the oil changes at the dealership and the price was too good to pass up. Thanks for the tip on the Gorilla nuts.

Cheers
I am 63 yoa and been driving since the early 70's and not a single time in my life has anyone rotated my tires but me. I am a beat down old drunk who can barely open the mailbox door but I will continue to rotate my own tires every 3000 miles or so. as for lugs I have had good luck with Gorilla cast nuts.

LOL. I hear ya but the tire rotations were "bundled" together with the oil changes at the dealership and the price was too good to pass up. Thanks for the tip on the Gorilla nuts.

Cheers

billiebob

I hear ya but the tire rotations were "bundled" together with the oil changes at the dealership and the price was too good to pass up. Thanks for the tip on the Gorilla nuts.

Cheers

LOL. I hear ya but the tire rotations were "bundled" together with the oil changes at the dealership and the price was too good to pass up. Thanks for the tip on the Gorilla nuts.

Cheers
Yep, I buy tires a the local Kal Tire and rotations are free. Buy winters and summers and the change over twice a year is free. I love to support our local retailers who also volunteer to coach minor hockey. Online buying is hardly a bargain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles