Sigg Water Bottles

shawkins

Adventurer
I picked one of the 1.5L bottles up yesterday at Sportsmans Warehouse and I think they are pretty cool. They are made out of alluminum (I think, lol) and are pretty darn light. I would say my 1.5L bottle is lighter than a standard size Nalgene.

Check them out at: http://www.sigg.ch/

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
They are nice

shawkins said:
I picked one of the 1.5L bottles up yesterday at Sportsmans Warehouse and I think they are pretty cool. They are made out of alluminum (I think, lol) and are pretty darn light. I would say my 1.5L bottle is lighter than a standard size Nalgene.

Check them out at: http://www.sigg.ch/

I've had a 750 mL size SIGG bottle that I purchased while travelling in Western Europe for 4 years now. It's nice, but there are a few things that I don't like about them compared to the Nalgene bottles.

1-They are more susceptible to mildew/mould if you don't clean them out properly and let them dry completely before storing.

2-Don't let them sit in coffee or the color coating will fall off. I had mine in the truck center console along with my coffee and hit a bump that spilled coffee inside the cup holder. No big deal, the mess was contained, but when I stopped and cleaned up the mess, the coating on the bottom of my SIGG had been eaten away by the coffee. I was not too happy about that.

3-They do dent easily. I've used my SIGG bottle lots and it has many scars to prove it. It has not leaked, but its beat pretty good.

Don't get me wrong, they are nice but do have disadvantages that you should know about.
Cheers :beer:,
P

Last edited:

shawkins

Adventurer
p1michaud said:
2-Don’t let them sit coffee or the coloured coating will fall off. I had mine in the truck center console along with my coffee and hit a bump that spilled coffee inside the cup holder. No big deal the mess was contained, but when I stopped and cleaned up the mess, the coating on the bottom of my SIGG hat been eaten away by the coffee. I was not too happy about that.
Thats weird. I thought they were anodized? Oh well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz