Sierra Pinacate and Bahia Adair

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
I've posted a photo gallery for a trip that I did earlier this year:

Sierra Pinacate and Bahia Adair - Sonora, Mexico

There is a photo with the caption "Full circle" that has kind of a neat story behind it. Four and a half years ago I did a trip whereby we walked in the footsteps of Godfrey Sykes, from the lava fields of the Pinacate, across the Altar dunes, and to the coast. It ended up in the Fall '07 issue of Overland Journal. On the trip this year, we ended up camping on the same beach at Bahia Adair where we had celebrated the success of that trip in '05. Scott Brady took a photo on the beach that ended up on the back cover of the magazine. So on this trip, I took a photo of that photo, at the same place. I think I even see some of the exact same shells in the photo. Okay, maybe not. :p

IMG_9419.jpg

A few more pics

IMG_9204a.jpg

IMG_9207.jpg

IMG_9212a.jpg

IMG_9322a.jpg

IMG_9372a.jpg

IMG_9359a.jpg

The rest can be found here: 2009 Pinacates and Bahia Adair

IMG_9396a.jpg

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Awesome Chris.

There's a lot of great pictures and photographers here on ExPo, but every so once in a while there's a picture that seems to capture the mood of the weather, the color of the season, something that brings you right there.

For whatever reason, the picture below makes me feel as if I was the one framing it, the perfect match of vehicle and destination.
IMG_9359a.jpg

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
You gotta get out of that truck to see and feel the true beauty of an area!

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Wow those are beautiful Chris. I especially appreciate it today as there is snow on the ground here.

Pete

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Great shots Chris! I echo what Scott said above about a picture capturing the mood through light, the subject, the way it is framed, and the people in them. You seem to do that well.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
...a picture that seems to capture the mood of the weather, the color of the season, something that brings you right there.

Simply the result of a master at work...:sombrero:

Cool trip, excellent photos, full circle...

Moody

Needs to get out more
Fantastic. Excellent photos.

What are you cooking the smores on? Looks interesting.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Apparently Chris' attention is in his horizon gaze :)
0876203-R1-021-9.jpg

Ha! That's cool. That was a fun trip (same funny hat too).

Fantastic. Excellent photos.

What are you cooking the smores on? Looks interesting.

That is Clay's wok on steroids. As I recall, a friend made it for him out of something, but I can't remember what it was. Send him a PM, he goes by SWDesertTaco.

Thanks to all for the nice comments!

Lichen

Explorer
I'd say that it's an old disc (from the farm implement). An Indian friend of mine makes them for making frybread and tortillas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles