Sierra Madre - battle site expedition

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
I am on my way to another adventure in the Sierras of Mexico. All of my trips to the Sierras so far have been related to historical research and this one is no exception. This time we are hoping to find the long-lost location of a famous battle that took place in the 1800's. That is all I can say for now. Our team consists of my Tacoma and two FJ's, which will get us as close as we can on two-track, then it's mules and on foot from there. The country we are headed into is unbelievably rugged and I can't wait for tomorrow. I just walked across the border to get my visa and vehicle permit in order while it's quiet this evening, so we can just head across in the morning and get going south. Our adventure will be in tandem with Scott's and although we will be fairly close as the crow flies sometimes (perhaps less than 50 miles) we'll likely never come across one another. But you can be sure I'll be thinking about the uber-cool SportsMobiles and the big smiles on all of the faces of the drivers. Unlike Scott, I don't have Bgan, so you'll probably have to wait 'til I get back for any more pics.

A pic from last night... you may notice something different about the Bajataco machine...

View attachment 16356

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Looks like you got bit by the RTT bug Chris. :tent:

I look forward to your report when you get back, the natural history in that area is amazing.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Great addition.

BajaTaco said:
A pic from last night... you may notice something different about the Bajataco machine...

Very cool addition. So what make you break and get the RTT?
Looking forward to the trip report and photos.

:lurk:

Cheers,
P

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Chris- We've never met but I'm a fan of your Tacoma. One thing I couldn't figure out was why you were still sleeping on your (very cool) platform and not in a RTT. Looks like you made a perfect addition to a GREAT rig.

Have fun! Looking forward to the report.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
And all along I thought the snorkel was supposed to be the 'cherry on top'....

Glad to see you getting out and enjoying some time south of the border. I know that's where your heart is, enjoy it. :088:

Remember this? - ".....a man becomes his attentions. His observations and curiosity, they make him and remake him."

...you da man

:beer:

Paul R

Adventurer
Sounds like a great trip! Hope you have safe travels! I can't wait to see some great pics :)

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
nice addition! :bowdown:
Looking forward to some pics!!!
Safe travels. :sombrero:

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I love the goal of the adventure (history) and wish I was going with.

Have fun amigo.

James

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
COOL!

safari.gif

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Very Kewl.......BT!

Be Safe!.....and take Lot's of Pics!

So.....here's to BT!

2008_0225TotallyTaco0003.jpg

I made them last weekend during the storm. I'm sorry they are not Totally Baja Tacos .........because they have hamburger in them!....UG! .....but that's all I had and it's not my fault!....hehe:sombrero: :chowtime: :shakin:

Have Fun!:safari-rig:

leaffreux

Battle Site Exp

Just came out of the Madres. I was looking for sites to do with Pascal a Villa Lt .
Good luck enjoy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior