Sierra Expeditions introduces CELOX!

FlyingWen

Explorer
At the request of several of our Expo Military persons, we have started selling the hemostatic agent, Celox

celoxlogo.jpg

CELOX granules quickly control even the most severe arterial bleeding. Just pour it in, pack it, and apply pressure. No specific training is required.

CELOX clots blood fast, works in hypothermic conditions and also clots blood containing heparin or warfarin. CELOX does not generate heat in use and won't burn. Celox is safe to use for the entire body including head, neck and chest wounds.
celoxleg.jpg

CeloxHome.jpg

We are carrying the Celox Home packages which are 10X 2g packs, but are able to get the Industrial package as well.

Currently offering FREE SHIPPING on this first shipment of Celox.

If you have any questions please Contact Us

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Do you know what the shelf life of this is ?
I would hate to not need it for a year or so and then not have it work when needed.

Thanks,
Matt

RoundOut

Explorer
Great write up on these things in OJ this issue

The summer 08 issue of Overland Journal has a great writeup on these things. I read my whole issue a couple nights ago after it arrived earlier in the day.

DH2002

Adventurer
stuff hurts like hell though got a pretty good cut out in the feild once and the medics had it and wanted to try it so I said sure and boy it will wake you up quick works good though

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
another question on this item.....
once it has coagulated(sp) the wound, how is it removed ? I thought I had read about something like this and it had to be removed by a doctor at the hospital....and you really needed to take the instructions so the hospital knew what to do....:confused:

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Maximus Ram said:
once it has coagulated(sp) the wound, how is it removed ? I thought I had read about something like this and it had to be removed by a doctor at the hospital....and you really needed to take the instructions so the hospital knew what to do....:confused:

Interesting!

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Maximus Ram said:

That's what the corrections on the package read. Must be removed by medical personnel.

FlyingWen

Explorer
Here is something interesting:

WHAT IS CELOX?
CELOX is a proprietary blend of materials covered by 3 international patent applications.

CELOX contains a natural marine polymer, Chitosan.

Chitosan is a highly purified polysaccharide derivative of shrimp shells.

Chitosan is used widely and is in such products as bandages, medical devices diet aids and some cosmetics. It is an approved food ingredient.

Yummy!
Hey, if it works, who cares!

Willman

tdesanto said:
That's what the corrections on the package read. Must be removed by medical personnel.

I think if your leg looks like this....your going to the ER anyways!

celoxleg.jpg

celoxlogo.jpg

;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles