Side Note on RTTs for Dads

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Update, my girls are now 10 and 12 and growing like weeds. Last year at the overland expo, they discovered the 23zero 87 Walkabout. With four extremely heavy duty, aluminum crossbars and help from a friend to lift a 200 pound nearly 8 foot long RTT. It is ready to roll. Thus begins the next summer of adventure !!!

Just a thought I had a few days ago when my 6 yr old got tired after an all night sleep over. She asked me to set up the RTT where we're building our new house so she could nap. If you have little kids and are on the fence about or close to buying an RTT, this is for you. Do it, do it, do it! They don't really "wear out" like a set of tires, can be moved to the next vehicle etc. I bought my Tepui 3 years ago and all camping stuff aside, the "fun value" for my 2 girls has been priceless. You have a portable tree house, it's huge and awesome to them, your kids are rockstars at any campsite with other kids. My girls have spent far more hours playing and napping than we have in our RTT. Your kids will never be this little again, every summer is precious and they grow up so freakin fast! They will never forget how cool their Dad was, the pictures and memories are well worth the cost.
Favorite memory 3 years ago: My wife climbed up to get my girls to take a nap, the girls weren't having any. My wife fell asleep, said girls (then 3 and 5) crept out of the RTT like little ninjas. One went down the ladder, the other out the opposite side through a roof hatch while I sat in a camp chair snorting with laughter taking pictures and trying not to wake the momster.

436 (1280x941).jpg
431 (1280x960).jpg
Update: Five years later, still going strong, 8 and 10 yrs old now plus a Jack Russel mix somwhere under the sleeping bags. If you have kids, buy an RTT, you'll grin listening to them giggle and talk late into the night 8 feet off the ground. They will remember it forever and you'll be a hero Dad. Thanks Tepui, great product, great fun, we are looking for a bigger tent next.

Attachments

• ATT00001 (55).jpg
    ATT00001 (55).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 388
  • Richard1.jpg
    Richard1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 390
  • IMG_8251.jpeg
    IMG_8251.jpeg
    472.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Its like my biggest request we i get home each day. can we play in the tent. I had removed the soft tent to get better mileage and installed it on top of my rather large dog house. Tent got destroyed by kids trying to jump out of the skylight windows. They wouldn't even look at the wooden fort/ swing set that took weeks to build. Recently added a new hard shell tent that opens with electric actuators and has a wireless remote, its fun to yell tents closing and if they dont get out , start closing the tent. They got smart and found out that if they press up on the tent just a little it will trigger the safety shut off.

Funny how theres a tent on the trailer, one was in the back yard, and one on the jeep and all they want to do is play on the jeep. Jeep also has a swing hanging off the spare tire rack which is always a big hit.

How many windshields have been broken from them using it as a slide to get out? They claimed one so far on my jeep.

Mike.rider

Observer
My little guy is already in love with his tent!

c3abf36ab6045f4c7332f74103fb2d50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alia176

Explorer
Nice story and pics. Thank you for sharing. I agree, my RTT is loved by my daughter who is now 13yo. I like the idea of setting it up so that she and her friend can giggle in it all night long!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94