Shuttle Bus - 2010 Ford E-Series Van 4 Wheel Drive (163K miles, $24,500, located in Roy, Utah)

eporter

Adventurer
Seems like a good deal compared to everything else out there these days. Has the V8. What’s the length on one of these?

Funny on the pass. door. I’ve always wanted a turtle top style with the standard pass. seat and door. A buddy with kids bought an old shuttle bus and said the solo driver spot is great as it’s “dad zone” and mom keeps the kids happy in back. I’ve got kids, so this has changed my perspective. If it’s just a couple on an adventure, it wouldn’t be as fun having your partner in back. With kids, you actually get a break driving solo...!

nyyankees588

Based on the overhand past the rear axle, I'd guess it's the equivalent of a ~14' box van. Interesting that the front-end looks like it's leaf sprung. Most of the big production 4x4 aftermarket companies (quigley, advanced 4x4) do coil sprung conversions. I've seen a number of people swap the schoolbus-style side-door with a standard RV door.

Not a bad deal with 4x4 prices these days, but the amount of work to make it reasonably useable (replacing side door and majority of windows) would make it a hard sell for me... not to mention the overall size... not much point in having 4x4 when your rig is that wide/long.

eporter

Adventurer
Yeah, there don’t seem to be many “short” shuttle buses, that overhang is always there. The 4x4 would be nice for a winter ski rig setup, and maybe getting out of a muddy field or similar. Otherwise this things getting a lot of pinstriping on FS roads.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I've never been a fan of these solo driver layouts, but if that's not an issue it looks like a nice little 4x4 bus at that price.

Due to the size a "rough road" not an "off road" vehicle, IMHO. I'd like to know who did the conversion since it is leafs up front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94