Shrinking demand for RV Towables.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
"That being said, I do wonder when I see 30' + units where they are going..."

If you camp in the western half of the country, there is a lot of open, private space for those 30'+ units. We're dropping down to 26' (going from 18,000lbs to 9,800 lbs) and it will feel to us like we're towing nothing. We stay away from all campgrounds though.
Yes, mainly in the western part of Canada is where we camp.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Re Escape Trailers.

Now, all those who bailed get their deposit back, say equivilant to 5-8% of average selling price (this is direct from mfr outfit). So say over the course of a year they've had to refund that percent of their yearly production. Basically like a price decrease in a rising cost environment.

Your assumption is that Escape is NOT depositing the deposit funds they receive in an escrow account. Using an escrow account would be wise choice for deposit funds in case of an economic downturn.

I have no idea what they do with the "Deposit Funds" they receive. If they are smart they would NOT comingle the deposit funds in with daily business operation funds but ya never know?

Given their tenure in business and reputation I would think Escape campers business plan concerning deposits would lean more toward the escrow type of bank account for trailer deposits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles