Shower Toga

Geodoc

Adventurer
Okay, here's a new product on the market that might be useful for many overlanders, particularly those with limited space but like to stay clean - the Shower Toga. Simply put, it's like a bag with two open ends - on both ends is a drawcord. I won't go into full details here, but check out their page and see if it's something that fits your needs.

The inventor/manufacturer reached out to me because of my product (you'll have to look that up yourself - this is not a marketing ploy for my product) - I think it looks cool and should work. I'll try to bring some to the NWOR in June for those that want to touch/feel/try on.

Geodoc

Adventurer
At first glance, it looks that way. But then you find out it's sort of like a mumu on steroids. Notice how they can slip out of pants/underpants without raising the skirt (as you would with a mumu).

aaen

Adventurer
Hmm, After watching the video, I’m not so certain on the use for us in overlanding/camping? Most if not all of us (guessing here) are fairly comfortable n gearing down in the woods and getting your business done. Now in a campground/even like they show, I can see the benefit, that being said, i am not sure it would be a hit sale when you can get privacy/shower shelter, which is something most people would gravitate to.

But what do I know, that’s just my opinion.

Steve

KYC

Adventurer
I camp mostly in the desert.

I just shower naked and do cartwheels afterwards to dry off. No one around for miles.

OCR addict

Okay, here's a new product on the market that might be useful for many overlanders, particularly those with limited space but like to stay clean - the Shower Toga. Simply put, it's like a bag with two open ends - on both ends is a drawcord. I won't go into full details here, but check out their page and see if it's something that fits your needs.

The inventor/manufacturer reached out to me because of my product (you'll have to look that up yourself - this is not a marketing ploy for my product) - I think it looks cool and should work. I'll try to bring some to the NWOR in June for those that want to touch/feel/try on.
GEODOC I am the owner, inventor of the Shower Toga. My son also works for my company and he is the one that reached out to you. I wanted to thank you for the post. Shower Toga is blowing up and although there are hundreds of uses for the Shower Toga, the primitive camping and hiking market seem to be generating so many sales. I would like to send you a complimentary Shower Toga. You can go to our website and send me a message so I can get an address or go and LIKE our FB page and message me from there. I cant wait for you to use it.

OCR addict

It looks like you could do the same thing with a contractor trash can and a piece of string. You could also buy a big trash bag with the draw string already with a quick slice to the bottom and side slits with a knife and you have the same thing. Granted that this looks to be heavier plastic. I think some people will buy it but I will pass on it.
ummmmmm.....not so much...lol. Just fyi, it is not plastic. This is made of a high quality nylon (think eno hammock) and wicks water away as you use it. Only weighs 6 oz and turns into a carry bag to keep dirt and mud out of your car. Lasts for hundreds of uses..maybe more. Just roll it up tiny when you are done.

Attachments

• amazon_photo_shower_toga_001.png
    amazon_photo_shower_toga_001.png
    537.6 KB · Views: 43

OCR addict

I camp mostly in the desert.

I just shower naked and do cartwheels afterwards to dry off. No one around for miles.
********....I cant even argue with this....And I invented the Shower Toga!! YOU WIN!! Please post photos next time!!:)

PlacidWaters

Adventurer
the primitive camping and hiking market seem to be generating so many sales.

This doesn't make sense to me. "Primitive" usually means there are no people around, so why would you need to cover yourself? Now, at a regular campground that doesn't have showers, there is a need for privacy. In that case I simply wait until after dark to bathe. I can only recall one camping situation where I regretted not having some type of enclosure for bathing---a primitive group campground with no trees to hide behind.

s.e.charles

******? This looks like a pain

surfers have been doing this in the parking lot since Moses wore K by K. only we called it "... a towel stolen from the beach club." and of course it didn't always stay put, but that's a mere detail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles