Shower Tent/Privacy Enclosure

Randun

Hi everyone!

I was doing some online research and stumbled upon a cool product.

Does anyone have any experience with this:

I love the concept of this product, and it looks like it is a quality privacy enclosure for using the bathroom/changing, or a great option for taking a shower on the trail.

2Dogs

That is nice. Do you see how they describe the floor (if it has one)?

My Joolca arrives today, excited about that but the rack mount of the Tuff Stuff unit has its appeal....

Randun

That is nice. Do you see how they describe the floor (if it has one)?

My Joolca arrives today, excited about that but the rack mount of the Tuff Stuff unit has its appeal....
It doesn't look like it has a floor. I don't see anywhere where they describe a floor on it.

I liked the rack mount too! I was looking at that. I like that I could use it for some trips and then remove it for other trips that I don't need it for.

Thank you so much for your time and your opinion!

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I have a Joolca (sets up in 30 seconds) too.

Your linked enclosure is neat but on this coast we'd want a roof. Ours serves as potty much more than shower and there's no shortage of rain.
Other than that, rack-mount means you never have to worry about where to stow it.
Is the rack-mount convenience worth the price to you though?

Last edited:

krick3tt

Adventurer

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
the rack mount does limit use, as in where you want the water if you are getting in and out of the vehicle. They can be a bit pricey.
People are more tame and most do want less exposure so the roof is probably important for some of the species.
This one gives you options. https://www.amazon.com/WolfWise-Portable-Changing-Dressing-Backpack/dp/B01FXNRCWM/ref=sr_1_8?crid=22PKPMHE9FS8E&dchild=1&keywords=camping+shower+enclosure&qid=1605550632&sprefix=camping+shower+enclose,undefined,265&sr=8-8
We've got one of those too. Sux in the wind; twists around like one of those turbofan-dummies that they have in front of used car lots.
In nice weather, fine.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Can't seem to find any photos but, made a similar one maybe 20 years ago and used it right up to our first OE Event in 2014. A couple of small receivers mounted on the RR. Insert a couple of square tubes with some drilled holes for a couple of shower curtains mount around the perimeter and stake out the four corners of the shower curtains. Cost less then $50. Good luck.

Randun

I have a Joolca (sets up in 30 seconds) too.

Your linked enclosure is neat but on this coast we'd want a roof. Ours serves as potty much more than shower and there's no shortage of rain.
Other than that, rack-mount means you never have to worry about where to stow it.
Is the rack-mount convenience worth the price to you though?
How do you like your Joolca? Anything that you do not like about it?

I hear you on wanting a roof. I was just thinking of using this as a shower tent, and possibly a changing tent.

I like the rack-mount idea. To me, I think it would be worth the price if it is as cool as it seems.

Thank you so much for your time and your help!

Randun

the rack mount does limit use, as in where you want the water if you are getting in and out of the vehicle. They can be a bit pricey.
People are more tame and most do want less exposure so the roof is probably important for some of the species.
This one gives you options. https://www.amazon.com/WolfWise-Portable-Changing-Dressing-Backpack/dp/B01FXNRCWM/ref=sr_1_8?crid=22PKPMHE9FS8E&dchild=1&keywords=camping+shower+enclosure&qid=1605550632&sprefix=camping+shower+enclose,undefined,265&sr=8-8
My water port is already mounted on my rack. That is why I thought the TSO option was really neat.

The tent that you sent me is very similar to what I have now. Thank you so much for your time and your opinions. I really appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles