Shower Tent/Privacy Enclosure

Randun

Can't seem to find any photos but, made a similar one maybe 20 years ago and used it right up to our first OE Event in 2014. A couple of small receivers mounted on the RR. Insert a couple of square tubes with some drilled holes for a couple of shower curtains mount around the perimeter and stake out the four corners of the shower curtains. Cost less then $50. Good luck.
What a great idea you had! Thank you so much for your great idea :)

Randun

I'm not sure I'd want all that water mess right next to my vehicle.
I hear yah. Great point.

My water port is attached to my rack currently, so I thought this would be a great addition.

I have not had an issue with a water mess by my car yet, but I agree it would be a concern.

Thank you so much for your time and your opinions!

Randun

Many years ago (40) and some more recent (20) years ago I built some like what you described. I used 1.25' square outside tube and a 1' inside. I used a blue tarp around the sides and the door overlapped on one side. They worked great! The problem was the water drainage as was mentioned above as well. Over the years I have tried different pre-made ones. The one that I like that I have bought is the which is 52" X 52". Has the top and a floor pan if you want it. I have found that the smaller units when you taking a shower and a gust of wind pushes in a side with water on it, that the cold water will wake you up. In a hot location this may not bother you as much, but 4 season camping it is more important.
Great opinions! Thank you so much for your time and your help!

I agree with you on the water drainage concern too.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
How do you like your Joolca? Anything that you do not like about it?

I hear you on wanting a roof. I was just thinking of using this as a shower tent, and possibly a changing tent.

I like the rack-mount idea. To me, I think it would be worth the price if it is as cool as it seems.

Thank you so much for your time and your help!
The Joolca is about as good as it gets ---- but nothing is perfect.

I'd rather have a removeable floor. @FrenchieXJ shared a great idea with us while camping several years ago --- rubber restaurant mats, the ones with the holes in them, buy the big mat and cut it into 3 manageable strips. Makes a great shower floor. As-is, your Joolca needs to dry out before packing it away; not so bad if you're not taking a shower on departure day.
But, other than that, it sets up so crazy-easy, has a roof, cubbies for your dry clothes, your dirty clothes, soap/shampoo/etc, hose management, decent ventilation, keeps the weather out. I can't over-state how easy it is to put up. Our previous enclosure had steel poles that you had to coerce into service; I bent one beyond salvage before buying the Joolca. And those poles would often nick your fingers which really stings and sets a poor tone right at the start.
If I were really full-timing I'd want the double suite size and perch a heater in there. Winter showers aren't bad while the hot water is running but it gets a bit nippy while toweling off...

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Mirtes loves the mat in front of the door to the teardrop.

Lightspeed is similar to Joolca but the Joolcas go up easier/faster. Very close in concept though.
And Lightspeed doesn't have a full-time floor.

I like a floor when it's a potty tent. We camp near lakes and streams and both frogs and snakes have made their way in ---- which is unwelcome at best...

Randun

The Joolca is about as good as it gets ---- but nothing is perfect.

I'd rather have a removeable floor. @FrenchieXJ shared a great idea with us while camping several years ago --- rubber restaurant mats, the ones with the holes in them, buy the big mat and cut it into 3 manageable strips. Makes a great shower floor. As-is, your Joolca needs to dry out before packing it away; not so bad if you're not taking a shower on departure day.
But, other than that, it sets up so crazy-easy, has a roof, cubbies for your dry clothes, your dirty clothes, soap/shampoo/etc, hose management, decent ventilation, keeps the weather out. I can't over-state how easy it is to put up. Our previous enclosure had steel poles that you had to coerce into service; I bent one beyond salvage before buying the Joolca. And those poles would often nick your fingers which really stings and sets a poor tone right at the start.
If I were really full-timing I'd want the double suite size and perch a heater in there. Winter showers aren't bad while the hot water is running but it gets a bit nippy while toweling off...
Great review. Thank you so much!

I also love your comment about the rubber restaurant mats. That is genius!

Have fun out there and thank you so much for you opinions!

JackW

Explorer
Anybody need a great deal on a very lightly used Pahaque shower tent? I think it's only been used for two weekend camping trips. I also have a brand new Thetford porta-potti that is too big to fit in the storage compartment of my new Eriba Puck. I'll put an ad up in the marketplace.

The Eriba is so small that I'm having to condense some of the gear that I had for the larger travel trailer that I replaced with the twelve foot camper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz