Show your Thumper!!

Cabrito

I come in Peace
I should probably start my own thread for the new 300 Rally.. From another break-in ride.

I wasn't quite ready to attempt this log crossing since I was alone and the bike is still so new so I din't make it up the Pilot Peak this time.

gatorgrizz27

I should probably start my own thread for the new 300 Rally.. From another break-in ride.

I wasn't quite ready to attempt this log crossing since I was alone and the bike is still so new so I din't make it up the Pilot Peak this time.

I’m still a little skittish about riding over logs larger than 10-12” in diameter, but it’s very easy to walk the bike over them. Just stand next to it, work the throttle and clutch, no big deal. Worst case you cant get the rear tire to bite and climb over and you have to drag it backwards. Not something I’d want to try with a 550 lb bike, but easy with any thumper.

nickw

Adventurer
My other bike is probably a bit more expo worthy, 2013 500 EXCF, 5.3 gallon tank, Giant Loop rear bags + tank bag, engine tuned and de-smogged, Precision racing steering damper and a few doodads including a custom saw mount + Echo 2511 saw.

Bike setup for Tour of Idaho (TOI) T1 which is a 2000 mile, 10 day, back country single track ride over some gnarly single track trails in Idaho. Made it just over 1/2 way last year, I plan to make another run next year.

*I'll add, I bought this bike this past year with 52 hrs on it, was specifically looking for a low hour 2016 or earlier bike, they came stock with a kicker (a must for remote riding), have a larger rear shock and the engine is a bit more robust. The 2017 to 2019 bikes didn't come with a kicker but one can be added (it's 3/4 the size of a std one but still works) while the 2020+ bikes cannot be retrofitted with a kicker. The 2017 + bikes are also built a bit lighter weight and I'd argue are a bit less robust but do weigh less and perform a bit better than the 2012 - 2016 bikes. I think KTM hit their stride with the 14' - 16' bikes, those IMO are the cream of the crop when it comes to reliability and durability, the 13' is a close second....the newer ones have very very few problems, but when they do, it can be a huge PITA.

1658161999441.png

Last edited:

Nomadic52

Observer
I found this for sale on advrider a few weeks ago and grabbed it. The seller built two of these for an around the world trip with his wife: Europe, Africa, New Zealand, South America, Central America. 36,000 miles and it was in like new condition. Amazing that a bike like this can be ridden around the world, be shipped/transported and be in such great condition. He spent months setting it up for adventure touring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles