Show your Thumper!!

uk trailer guy

Observer
The UK KLR's are so cool. Thanks for posting that.

That's very generous of you! You're very welcome. Just for you, here's one minus the baggage - the colours nearly match my old Landy! :)

PICT0002.jpg

sandalscout

Adventurer
It's amazing how the updated panels on the C model make it looks like such a different (and better) bike. It's far more modern looking than the A model. Don't get me wrong, the ugliness of the KLR has sort of grown on me since getting mine, but the C model is a much better looking bike.

My 2001 KLR - A work in progress - Traded a XR400 for her. Did the doohickey, put on TKCs and the poly fuel tank. Next step will be more powerful lights and panniers.

Attachments

• 407096_3303912877356_1296385123_n.jpg
    407096_3303912877356_1296385123_n.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 84

coyotekid

aefe100c-a68f-7cd9.jpg

Just got my first big thumper. I love it.
2001 XR650L. It needs some suspension love but runs like a top.
It's ready for some long trips.
Love seeing all your cool bikes.
Cheers
Sam

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Longtallsally

Adventurer
I'm surprised there aren't more WRs here. This is last year and the first long trip on the little mountain bike:

DSC0602-L.jpg

DSC0604-L.jpg

I packed way too much crap for that trip.

IMG2625-L.jpg

And it was worse in deep sand since I couldn't put my weight back or keep higher speed.

IMG2629-L.jpg

shmabs

Explorer
Longtallsally,

Where in CA are you? I swear i have seen that exact bike (and bag setup) in klamath CA. I was riding my DRZ to OR to get it plated and saw that bike at a gas station. You're pictures look like southern CA, you must have a twin!

Mike

Longtallsally

Adventurer
Longtallsally,

Where in CA are you? I swear i have seen that exact bike (and bag setup) in klamath CA. I was riding my DRZ to OR to get it plated and saw that bike at a gas station. You're pictures look like southern CA, you must have a twin!

Mike

Yeah I must since we just got back to the States from Germany a month ago. We're in the East Bay up North, and the trip was heading to Inyo. I've pared down quite a bit on what I'll take on the little bike and am going to opt to tow to a base location and go from there nowadays. I was forced to just be on the little bike for this trip since I flew back from Germany specifically for this ride and didn't have a tow machine. If you're on ADV, this was the WMRS ride.

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
Hi Folks,
DRZ400 Supermoto - where are the rest of the supermotos? ;)

gettin'wet.jpgOverlook.jpgReady to Ride.jpgWater1.jpg

...that license plate no longer exists due to a awesome crash landing directly on the tail of the bike. She's scratched, dented, but purdy. Nothing special besides the normal mods...exhaust, k&n, dirtbagz, a psycho at the handlebars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94