Show your Thumper!!

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Looks like my old Gen1 is heading down the road today. I'm moving to a T7 and wasn't planning on selling this guy since I've owned and ridden it for over 21 years but, I just don't have the room for this and a new bike.....kinda sad.
Paul, I'm not gonna lie - I still miss my KLR and wish I had kept it. Like you I just didn't really have room for it, and truth be told I don't think I'd ride it much because my CRF300 and my 1090 are far superior in almost every way.

I hope you end up loving the T7 and can't wait to see what you end up getting.

I'll also add that I have had four bikes since selling my KLR and still looking for that size and form factor that works for me. The closest I've gotten was my KTM 990 if only it had gotten better MPG's and didn't have so many minor issues (none of which are inherent to KTM's).. I went from KLR to V-Strom 650 to 990 to 1090 and now my CRF300L Rally which still doesn't quite fill the niche of the KLR. I'm now looking at the Transalp to replace the 1090. I'd been waiting for the T7 but it wasn't out and available so I got the 1090.

Obligatory Thumper parting pic of my old KLR..

Willsfree

Thinking you've got a spot in the shop to park the KLR, but the T7 will be a fun new ride. My KLR is parked in a container with a couple other bikes gathering dust; I should prep and sell them too. Good memories from a trip through Baja. Front sprocket oil seal spun loose as I rode into La Paz, arrived with oil all over my leg; quick oil change in the Walmart parking lot and bike was as good as new. I think an Action Packer will look swell on the T7 :)

1708639916107.png

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Paul, I'm not gonna lie - I still miss my KLR and wish I had kept it. Like you I just didn't really have room for it, and truth be told I don't think I'd ride it much because my CRF300 and my 1090 are far superior in almost every way.

I hope you end up loving the T7 and can't wait to see what you end up getting.

I'll also add that I have had four bikes since selling my KLR and still looking for that size and form factor that works for me. The closest I've gotten was my KTM 990 if only it had gotten better MPG's and didn't have so many minor issues (none of which are inherent to KTM's).. I went from KLR to V-Strom 650 to 990 to 1090 and now my CRF300L Rally which still doesn't quite fill the niche of the KLR. I'm now looking at the Transalp to replace the 1090. I'd been waiting for the T7 but it wasn't out and available so I got the 1090.

Obligatory Thumper parting pic of my old KLR..
Thanks! I appreciate your thoughts....it just sold and I'm kinda bummed about it.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
End of 2 decades.......Tonight I sold my old friend KLR to a young man in law school with grand dreams of adventure riding. He drove 2 1/2 hours from Wyoming to buy it. I'm thrilled that it'll live on to fulfill a young mans dreams. When I bought the KLR in 2004, I was starting a new adventure in my life and it help fulfill my dreams.
Kinda bitter sweet to see it go but, a new friend will replace it shortly.
IMG_6568.pngIMG_6580.pngIMG_6570.pngIMG_6575.pngIMG_6574.pngIMG_6578.pngIMG_6577.pngIMG_6571.pngIMG_3415.jpegIMG_3419.jpeg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
End of 2 decades.......Tonight I sold my old friend KLR to a young man in law school with grand dreams of adventure riding. He drove 2 1/2 hours from Wyoming to buy it. I'm thrilled that it'll live on to fulfill a young mans dreams. When I bought the KLR in 2004, I was starting a new adventure in my life and it help fulfill my dreams.
Kinda bitter sweet to see it go but, a new friend will replace it shortly.
View attachment 821170View attachment 821171View attachment 821172View attachment 821173View attachment 821174View attachment 821175View attachment 821176View attachment 821177View attachment 821178View attachment 821179
Glad it went to a good home. Did you get your Tenere yet? Time for riding!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94