Show your fuse block/relay installs

paranoid56

Adventurer
heres mine in my taco
photo%2525201-027.JPG

CaliMobber

Adventurer
Yes relays should be used. For one, the switches are not meant to handle any real amps. second it allows you to use less thick wire and lets you run super tiny wire to the switch( easy to hide and fit in tight places.

paranoid56

Who makes that fuse/relay box? very clean I like It!

i actually have 2, i have way way more slots than i need but the two size fuse blocks are so close together I just opted for the larger just in case since I had room.

My relays are just tucked away inline with the wire, my switches can be seen in my build in my signature(dont want to post to many pics)

The first is under my seat, It only powers my Ham radio, My cellphone booster and i fused off another one for the 6 gauge run to the rear of the car.

The second i just installed last week to address the added loads at the rear of the car. Powering 12v cig plug, roof light bar and Subwoofer amp.

Last edited:

Expedition Leader
Blue Sea in my FJC, on the interior side of the firewall, with the relay and circuit breaker for it under the hood on the inner fender:

Farkleshop motorcycle aux. fuse block w/ built-in switchable relay in my Land Cruiser:

(Spark plug for scale)

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
I didn't install a fuse block, i just installed inline fuses. One day I'll change that. I'm a junkyard dog and used relays from GM vehicles along with the bracket I got off of a car at the junkyard.

Before.

After

cwvandy

Adventurer
Because I had to put the second battery in the bed of my Tundra (just isn't room that I could find in the engine compartment), I build a second electrical system box for the rear of my truck as part of a larger bed build-out.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/136352-Custom-Tundra-Bed-Storage-Phase-1

All the parts are Blue Seas and have both switches and breakers. The gauge is for the 35 gallon water tank in the front of the bed. Inside the box is my shunt for the amp/volt meter, solenoid for my compressor and two 150 amp fuses (one to the second battery and the other to the rear Anderson connectors for my AT).

Attachments

• DSC_0217.jpg
    DSC_0217.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_0164.jpg
    DSC_0164.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_0163.jpg
    DSC_0163.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_0206.jpg
    DSC_0206.jpg
    606.2 KB · Views: 63

badtoytrd

Mountain Lover
Mine from my second battery in my Tacoma. No need for relays yet but left room for relays on side of fuse block holder.

photo3-2.jpg
photo1-1.jpg

98OzarksRunner

Adventurer
Blue Sea block mounted on hinged plate over factory fuse box. 5-relay socket mounted on fenderwell next to the battery. Only 1 relay in it now - for driving lights. Fuse block powers driving lights, 2M ham radio, will power fridge soon.

DSC_8355_zps5ca567e5.jpg

DSC_8358_zps3dfdfb2a.jpg

DSC_8360_zps41eca3e1.jpg

DSC_1633_zpsb362b09c.jpg

Expedition Leader
Blue Sea block mounted on hinged plate over factory fuse box. 5-relay socket mounted on fenderwell next to the battery. Only 1 relay in it now - for driving lights. Fuse block powers driving lights, 2M ham radio, will power fridge soon.

That is a nice set-up and installation!

v_man

Explorer
IMG_2862_zps7ad8ec5b.jpg

same idea as others here . I made the tray the fuse block and circuit breaker are on and tried to keep it as close to the battery as possible . All 12 slots are taken , and now I'm even doubling up some stuff , it might be time for another Blue Sea:)

98OzarksRunner

Adventurer
That is a nice set-up and installation!

Thanks. I got my inspiration from here: http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193353 (Credit where credit is due.)

I almost put a breaker between the battery and the fuse block but realized that is probably overkill. It IS a fuse block, and only 8" of wire between it and the battery. There really isn't much that needs fusing in that distance. All the circuits coming out of the block ARE fused so about the only way to create a problem would be to drop a wrench on the hot terminal of the fuse block (and that would probably hit the hot battery terminal too!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles