Show your fuse block/relay installs

v_man

Explorer
.... A little side benefit to a circuit breaker on my setup for example , is that I have my MSD ignition control running through the aux. fuse box . I can trip the breaker and the truck won't start . It's equivalent to a very basic kill switch . It's not rocket science to reset the breaker , but perhaps some knucklehead thief in the night might move on when the truck is essentially dead.

Another reason to put a circuit breaker between the aux. fuse box and battery, is to keep the overall draw on the aux. box below what is made to handle . I think that Blue Sea is rated for a total of 125 amps . A 100amp breaker will trip before you ever reach the max draw on the Blue Sea....

98OzarksRunner

Adventurer
.... A little side benefit to a circuit breaker on my setup for example , is that I have my MSD ignition control running through the aux. fuse box . I can trip the breaker and the truck won't start . It's equivalent to a very basic kill switch . It's not rocket science to reset the breaker , but perhaps some knucklehead thief in the night might move on when the truck is essentially dead.

Good idea. If it won't start right away the knucklehead will probably move on.

Another reason to put a circuit breaker between the aux. fuse box and battery, is to keep the overall draw on the aux. box below what is made to handle . I think that Blue Sea is rated for a total of 125 amps . A 100amp breaker will trip before you ever reach the max draw on the Blue Sea....

I'll just keep the total fused amps in the fuse box below 150 (actually the total fused amps will probably never be above 100 in my truck, and never pull over 50 with everything running).

TheOverlanders

Overlander
Because I had to put the second battery in the bed of my Tundra (just isn't room that I could find in the engine compartment), I build a second electrical system box for the rear of my truck as part of a larger bed build-out.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/136352-Custom-Tundra-Bed-Storage-Phase-1

All the parts are Blue Seas and have both switches and breakers. The gauge is for the 35 gallon water tank in the front of the bed. Inside the box is my shunt for the amp/volt meter, solenoid for my compressor and two 150 amp fuses (one to the second battery and the other to the rear Anderson connectors for my AT).

Who is this water gauge by? Is it a retro fit to any water tank? I am looking for one atm and just can't find one.
What is the tank sender unit like?

Cheers

cwvandy

Adventurer
Who is this water gauge by? Is it a retro fit to any water tank? I am looking for one atm and just can't find one.
What is the tank sender unit like?

Cheers
The gauge and and the 12 volt sending unit are made by Wema Systems. The sending units come in different lengths for different size tanks. i bought mine at Fisheries Supply in Seattle. Link below to product page at Fisheries.
Wema-System S5U - NPT Threaded Fuel/Water Tank Sensor

Wema-System Drinking Water Level Indicator

http://www.fisheriessupply.com/site...ema water level sending units&sitesearch=true

uscg2008

Explorer
Mine from my cargo trailer conversion
bdb015fe904aa26decd7e8fb9a3e74cb_zpsbd587bc7.jpg

14a62e87d117a801f848104b4f8affef_zps5aec7142.jpg

fireball

Explorer
Blue Sea block mounted on hinged plate over factory fuse box. 5-relay socket mounted on fenderwell next to the battery. Only 1 relay in it now - for driving lights. Fuse block powers driving lights, 2M ham radio, will power fridge soon.

Why did you go with the 150? That seems like a bit overkill for what you plan to have it powering.

Does anyone know of any smaller boxes that would do maybe 3-4 relays and fuses? I just need something small up front in the engine bay to run the LED light bar and fog lights.

Thanks!

fireball

Explorer
And also, to contribute, here is a Bluesea 100 I ran to the cargo area of my 100 series. 4# power and ground run to the back. It powers my inverter, fridge, rear LED backup lights, a National Luna LED on the cargo hatch and some USB ports for the kids in the backseat.

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg

98OzarksRunner

Adventurer
Why did you go with the 150? That seems like a bit overkill for what you plan to have it powering.

Does anyone know of any smaller boxes that would do maybe 3-4 relays and fuses? I just need something small up front in the engine bay to run the LED light bar and fog lights.

Thanks!

The guy who did the Tacoma setup I copied said the smaller BlueSea fuse block was too tall in his truck, I like the looks of the 150, and it gives me plenty of room to expand, as well as 2 different sized fuses. I'll probably add a second battery and use this to manage all the loads on the house side (fridge, radios, inverter, aux lights).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94