SHOW YOUR FAVORITE CATCH ON THE FLY

CaliMobber

Adventurer
Like always ,when you try and find pictures they cant be found but this one will do. I love catching utah trout on the fly.

599082_10151020059560923_1740732345_n.jpg

steelheadbum

Adventurer
a9y6ybu4.jpg

y5aza7yg.jpg

upon release
Steelheadbum

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

steelheadbum

Adventurer
This guy is special, I was fishing for trout on the Yakima river Nov 1st 2008 high sticking down a nice seam when Bam!! Landed him on a 5wt sage with 5x...photo taken with my phone.
2asa4e5e.jpg

2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8' lift pop top conversion....

Gp - do this fish a favor. Take your hero shots with them in the water. See steelhead, Kelbo my hero shots for proper ways. Steelhead is the best, still in the water.

They're not bass. For those that don't fish for trout, they have fine scales and a slime coat. Putting them in dirt or rocks rubs off that slime coat, and stresses the fish. Top off that you just fought the hard fight with the fish and his body is full of lactic acid makes for a path to death.

Don't even get me started on gill hooking trout...

GP'd

Adventurer
Gp - do this fish a favor. Take your hero shots with them in the water. See steelhead, Kelbo my hero shots for proper ways. Steelhead is the best, still in the water.

They're not bass. For those that don't fish for trout, they have fine scales and a slime coat. Putting them in dirt or rocks rubs off that slime coat, and stresses the fish. Top off that you just fought the hard fight with the fish and his body is full of lactic acid makes for a path to death.

Don't even get me started on gill hooking trout...

@Dreaming : You are right. My buddy corrected me on that trip, and it hasn't happened since. Removed to prevent misunderstanding.

steelheadbum

Adventurer
Naches river WA , fished for 4hrs on 7/31 didn't land high numbers but every fish was special.
ana4yher.jpg

upa3ava9.jpg

e9y3enez.jpg

5aje5aze.jpg

Buck

The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

doug720

Expedition Leader
Last week in the Northern Sierra's...Lots of fish and good water flows!

Doug

Attachments

• P1080197.JPG
    P1080197.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 65

onetraveller

Adventurer
Grayling in Alaska. A 4 or 5 wt and a 1/2 dozen flies equals all day entertainment.

Mike

Attachments

• Aug Fishing Trip-3.jpg
    Aug Fishing Trip-3.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 54

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles