Show your 1st Gen Lifted Sequoia on dirt!! no pavement please :)

XPLORx4

Adventurer
Here's my 2005 Sequoia Limited 4WD, owned for a little over a year. It was a one-owner vehicle, well-maintained. I purchased it with 232K miles on it and it's now got 252K. I finally completed the build a couple weeks ago.

sequoia-1.jpg

2005 Sequoia Limited 4WD; 2.5" Toytec/Bilstein coilover lift w/ rear AHC adjusted to match; diff drop; CV boot mod; 285/70R17 BFG ATko2; Spidertrax wheel spacers; SAIP Bypass module; Rancho RS9000XL RS999208 shocks; Bajarack Megamule; Stubbs HD-SKO rock sliders; ORFab cat theft shield; GTRlighting LED headlight and foglight bulbs; Rigid SR-30 & SR-Q LEDs; Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX; Scan-Gauge II

AddictedOffroad

Adventurer
My 01' SR5. 3" Toytec Ultimate kit. 285x70x17 Toyo open country A/Ts. 4.88s, Our Winch bumper.
1441256_1067836286571049_9155532689022050332_n.jpg

XPLORx4

Adventurer
Now that's how a Tree suppose to look like..sweet build man.
Hey what's a CV boot mod do?

With a lift, the CV axle angle is increased. The passenger-side inner CV boot has a poor seal and continued flexing of the joint while driving causes axle grease to squeeze out of the joint. The "CV boot mod" is simply a hose clamp tightened over the inner CV boot so it doesn't spew grease everywhere.

bctriple3

great I want to know because that's exactly what happen to mine after the lift. I notice the grease on the passenger side while I was doing something. NVM haha I after wiping it down no more grease..maybe due to the increase angle so the extra grease has no room to go but squeeze out. But I'll keep an eye on it..if it need I'll just get a pair of high angle cv boot and re-grease it

Last edited:

bctriple3

After installing Brutefab force bumper and slider...what ya think?

attachment.php

Don't mind my all American super car :) the only two cars that I love the most right now
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles